Toronto Velocity at the Square | 122.52m | 40s | HNR | P + S / IBI

Soaring over Yonge and Dundas, it's

DSC00741.jpg
DSC00745.jpg

I quite like Elicser's hoarding mural. Very nice.
DSC00746.jpg
DSC00749.jpg
DSC00752.jpg
DSC00760.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00741.jpg
    DSC00741.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 1,272
  • DSC00745.jpg
    DSC00745.jpg
    731.9 KB · Views: 1,258
  • DSC00746.jpg
    DSC00746.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 1,279
  • DSC00749.jpg
    DSC00749.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 1,422
  • DSC00752.jpg
    DSC00752.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 1,204
  • DSC00760.jpg
    DSC00760.jpg
    670.9 KB · Views: 1,223
That's what drives me nuts about Toronto in general. Right now, we have what might be a once in a lifetime opportunity to create a great city and for the most part, we are squandering it. The city has missed the opportunity to demand great buildings, affordable housing, innovative designs and great retail spaces (or public amenities) at street level. Developers could have been persuaded to step it up in all areas but the city never demanded better. It would have costed the city nothing and could have had such a huge difference in the way we, and the world, see this city. It's so frustrating!

Not sure what you want. May have to lower your standards. Consider the market. It's highly speculative and simply not setup to demand great architecure or increased affordability. Buyers don't care. It's all about ROI or banking spare cash in Toronto's real estate. Planning maybe laxed here but, you'd be hard pressed to find another city that demand so much from developers in the form of contributions and retail at grade. Considering the developers. Most have no clue about good design and won't be persuaded otherwise as long as the product sells.

This building is exceptionally bad with the exceptional part a good thing. It is well below what we can usually expect for downtown Toronto. You can also find these amateur builds just about anywhere and usually on a oversized parkade podium.

Just wait until that coral makes it's debut on the north side of this tower.
The Velocity at which I will loose my lunch will tie in nicely with this project.

A very unpleasant angle of it, one where the shape of the building itself is unsightly:

This could be the start of a competition to post the least attractive photographs of the tower. So many angles to choose from!

While a good effort, not sure Steveve's photo would win - not enough of the pigskin showing...

I asssume this is topping off now, and they're working on the mechanical level/s. Do I sniff a (topping off) news story coming soon, followed by 137 comments about this travesty of modern architecture? ;-)

This could be the start of a competition to post the least attractive photographs of the tower. So many angles to choose from!

While a good effort, not sure Steveve's photo would win - not enough of the pigskin showing...

The pink plague will start to show in a few weeks time.

Back