Toronto Velocity at the Square | 122.52m | 40s | HNR | P + S / IBI

Toronto isn't exa
Ugh, personally, I like that the architect at least attempted to include concrete in this design, BUT they really didn't put much effort into whatever this......thing is. I really wish there would've been a better design, or better yet, they never let development become possible on this site, really, that building they demoed was great. Anyways, at least it's some form of rental apartments.

Yeah, I liked how the old building glowed in the dark. The radiological contamination was largely encapsulated so the Nuclear Safety Commission never issued a demolition work order but, it could never be a restored heritage building. I actually think this is one of the worst places for a residential tower.

Today:
IMG_1705.jpg
IMG_1706.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1705.jpg
    IMG_1705.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 1,092
  • IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    848 KB · Views: 1,080
Sales aren't slow here, they're non-existent.

Anyone know whether that long vertical strip on this tower will be covered with an LED screen?

I honestly hope so. I can't believe I'm saying that I want more advertisement, but somehow that would be an improvement over this building. I can only imagine that's why it was built with with that continuous facade like that. As it stands the visual assault that is 10 Dundas East and the Eaton Centre feels heavily weighted to the north side of the square. A long light up display here would balance it out.

If you're going to have a square dedicated to lights and activity, go full out and surround it. Tourists love the big city feel places like these convey and locals will grin and bear it all the same.

Back