Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

It's the same org that think people will wait in the concourse/teamway and not rush to the platform until 10 minutes before boarding :rolleyes:

AoD
Is that really the final plan? Because this rendering shows the staircases shifted to the middle.

Union_Station_rendering_Metrolinx.5e65a9abdb779.png

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 271
What's the point of having a large platform when you have a small staircase?

I really don't get this. Don't they hire professionals who know about crowd control?

Station supports are under the track and hallways tend to be in the north/south gaps between station supports. Perhaps Metrolinx hasn't yet gotten creative enough to figure out how to design track-replacement-platform stairs that also don't block a corridor.

Last edited:
Haven't seen this rendering before. I don't believe Metrolinx has released an actual track plan of how many platforms they are planning on consolidating at Union, correct? This shows platform's 8 & 9, which are approximately in the middle of the train shed today. I'd be very interested to see the "final" configuration of Union post GO-RER. This one at least shows the removal of tracks 10&11..

usep1_render2.png
I'd hope once this is all done, they renumber the platforms, because it's probably going to be confusing to visitors that there is a platform 9 and a platform 12 but no 10 or 11.

Also, gotta love the way they made the bush shed look way nicer, brighter and more pleasant than it actually is in that render.

Haven't seen this rendering before. I don't believe Metrolinx has released an actual track plan of how many platforms they are planning on consolidating at Union, correct? This shows platform's 8 & 9, which are approximately in the middle of the train shed today. I'd be very interested to see the "final" configuration of Union post GO-RER. This one at least shows the removal of tracks 10&11..

usep1_render2.png

If Metrolinx can make the bush shed look that good in reality, I think I might be okay with them keeping it. Otherwise, it should go, in my opinion.

Either way the shed goes, what is up with a tiny little staircase leading right into a support pillar?

I remember an intensive care unit with no #13 bed, an someone refusing to stay in bed #14 saying it actually was the real #13 under a fake number.

usep1_render2.png

Was there a track plan for that released?

Back