Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

Track 4 (3) is about to go live this week at Bloor as it in place and going through gauge and leveling testing at this time. All joints have been wired up for the block signal which is now live.

Platforms still look the same as the last time, Underside of the roof over UPX platform are now enclosed with plywood.

Track 4 (3) & 3 (2) are live at Weston, but not in service due to construction work on the platforms. The west platform should be live this month.

Elevator mostly installed at Weston, but the ramp to the tunnel still not ready.

The station itself will not be ready until June or later,

They were pouring concrete for the new plaza entrance off Lawrence Ave.

The new bridge over Lawrence still on schedule for erection on April 11 that will close part of it off to traffic that day.

The station has yet to received any flashing for the roof.

From dave brook at railpictures.ca:

DSC01228.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01228.jpg
    DSC01228.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 922
What with the scrolling text on the front of the train?? Saw it before it departed the station.

1009 A, 1011B, 1008B where out for testing tonight. Train left Union Station about 10:05 and the only train in the 40 minutes I was there. Testing is starting at 10 pm this week from what I was told. Train left the station on track 4, not the UPX track since the UPX station is not finish.

You can't get to any of the platforms on line as they are closed off during the testing. They were removing the walkway last night at Weston after the last Go Train left the station and was told then testing staring at 10 pm. A-C_B ran last night.

With track 4 (3) about to go live this week at Bloor Station and track 4 (3), 4 (2) now ready at Weston, 15 minutes headway may take place either next week or the following.

You can't shoot from the Skywalk as too much light and best to shoot from the outside overlook area. Haven't check the bridges yet, but going from memory, too dark.

Here is your UPX:
[video]https://youtu.be/TSG2Mba_sCw[/video]

Your 6 car F59PH at Bloor
https://youtu.be/_hWaiipR2tI

1009 A, 1011B, 1008B where out for testing tonight.

There is no "B" car - only "A" and "C" cars. The letters that you saw indicate the front or rear of each cars.

As only the "C" cars are being equipped with bathrooms, it is looking quite strongly like all trains will be run as 3-car sets.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

There is no "B" car - only "A" and "C" cars. The letters that you saw indicate the front or rear of each cars.

As only the "C" cars are being equipped with bathrooms, it is looking quite strongly like all trains will be run as 3-car sets.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I wouldn't see the reasoning to run two-car sets. They have the cars, just make the 6 consists and leave it. No sense in popping a C-car out of a consist unless it had technical difficulties; the time and effort probably outweighs the extra fuel.

Here is your UPX:
[video]https://youtu.be/TSG2Mba_sCw[/video]

Can't really tell from the video but does the train make alot of noise in terms of propulsion?

Also, on Tuesday, I was driving along the Gardiner and I saw a 2 car UPX train heading towards Union but they were cab cars.

Can't really tell from the video but does the train make alot of noise in terms of propulsion?

Also, on Tuesday, I was driving along the Gardiner and I saw a 2 car UPX train heading towards Union but they were cab cars.

The train sounds like a giant 18-wheeler.

I live near the GO Lakeshore West tracks, and I hear it shuffling back and forth from the Willowbrook facility. It is loud and sounds like a truck.

Will UPX launch without Weston/Bloor?

Or will UPX only launch when both Weston and Bloor is ready?
Or just the indoor Weston/Bloor stations itself will just be a construction zone, while the platforms are open?

This could determine whether it's a May or June launch.

Last edited:
Will UPX launch without Weston/Bloor?

Or will UPX only launch when both Weston and Bloor is ready?
Or just the indoor Weston/Bloor stations itself will just be a construction zone, while the platforms are open?

This could determine whether it's a May or June launch.

We operate trains all the time to and through stations under construction. I would doubt if those stations being incomplete would delay launch and I also doubt if they will pass through without stopping. The system will operate and if they have to work around some finishing touches at the stations....they will.

The train sounds like a giant 18-wheeler.

I live near the GO Lakeshore West tracks, and I hear it shuffling back and forth from the Willowbrook facility. It is loud and sounds like a truck.

Some of the reporters that took a ride on it a few weeks ago also said it sounded like a pickup truck from the inside. So it's quieter inside.

Mark Sunday April 26th, 2015 on your calenders folks,
because that should be the first day of service for the Union Pearson Express‎.

This is according to our work schedules. If its not up and running by that day then they'll be paying no less than 16 trains crews a whole lot of money to do absolutely nothing.

Nice!

Mark Sunday April 26th, 2015 on your calenders folks,
because that should be the first day of service for the Union Pearson Express‎.

This is according to our work schedules. If its not up and running by that day then they'll be paying no less than 16 trains crews a whole lot of money to do absolutely nothing.

Dammit....was really counting on May 4th

Back