Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

My point is, if it ain't broke, why mess with it? The monorail's relatively new and expandable. The rail corridor... not so much. Furthermore just looking at a map, the monorail could easily route adjacent to Airport Road right onto the GO property (satelite photos also reveal a clear path of undeveloped roadside or backlot properties that the monorail can soar overhead of).

1) There is no monorail. A monorail is a track that only has one rail. The airport system has 2 rails. It is no more a monorail that a Boeing 747 is a monorail.

2) The cable car running at the airport is not expandable more than a few hundred metres. This has been reserved to expand to further around T1.

3) The existing T1 station has already got the infrastructure in place for heavy rail. This is how you would link to GO - either expand right into the airport, or building some kind of link train.

That's racist, and only encourages continuation of society's victimization of those of colour!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Yes, not all my posts pretain to my grievances with the White Man, just a scant few lol :D!

[Disclaimer: by White Man, Dentrobate54 is referring specifically to socio-historic notions of Eurocentric imperialism acting counter-intuitively against non-white nation's and people's progress; which in no way condemns all those of Aryan blood just a few of their ancestors]

It's a monorail, because sharing space with all those grubby passengers from the Third World might cause you to catch mono

It's a monorail, because sharing space with all those grubby passengers from the Third World might cause you to catch mono

i guess they must have a kiss 'n ride like at wilson station.

[Disclaimer: by White Man, Dentrobate54 is referring specifically to socio-historic notions of Eurocentric imperialism acting counter-intuitively against non-white nation's and people's progress; which in no way condemns all those of Aryan blood just a few of their ancestors]

Uh, all "white" people are not of "Aryan" blood.

Uh, all "white" people are not of "Aryan" blood.

I was just being sarcastic. Interesting factoid, Adolf Hitler and his Nazis technically weren't Aryans either in spite of using that belief to justify the Holocaust. Given his stature and dark hair, many historians now peg him as a descendant of Slavic peoples that migrated through Central Europe during Medieval times.

Get this back on topic guys.

Agreed

Personally, I think this current Blue 22 scheme should be given its proper burial, and we should move on to a more appropriate solution for the corridor.

I do not see why a LRT line could not be used; it could easily provide both local and express service (using station bypass tracks). The line could also branch off to other lines such as Eglinton and Jane; allowing for two west end “DRL†straight to Union. This would be much more effective for the whole region than airport only service using old refurbished diesel rail cars. and express LRT service should not be any slower than it.

First off, I think GTAA are still bound by the B22 contract and therefore have some restrictions on backing alternative heavy rail proposals.

In the short term, I'd say more GO trains, stopping at Malton and being on-carried to the terminals by an Airport Road extension of Eglinton LRT, these trains to stop in Weston to give the community something to make up for sawing them in half as well as at Bloor to leverage the B-D.

In the medium term passengers from 905 on GO/VIA could still use this (which could be extended up Airport Road and into Brampton proper as a separate service from Eglinton) and passengers from 416 would stop at Etobicoke North and pick up an extension of Finch West/Jane.

Long term/max build out, put an underground line in under the terminals with electric trains.

Back