Toronto Union Centre | 298m | 54s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

I once had a rendering but lost it (or threw it out) many years ago - it definitely had three office towers with the res/condo tower but am taking a guess on the parking lot (not enough space on the current site unless CBC was originally to be a part of the complex)

The City approved the Official Plan Amendment for the project on May 25th. Any person or public body may appeal to the OMB no later than June 28th.

Good news. I hope this one starts soon. Its got a great location close to Union station, and should make a big impact.

You just knew that the design would be 'dumbed' down, for costs and other reasons. Too bad.

Agreed. I knew I must have been dreaming. For a second there I thought a Toronto developer would have tried something new.

151FrontStW7StationSt.jpg

well, that cantilevered portion where the main tower portion starts above the base seems unique. But wow, this is looking just way too much like the shape and size of Simcoe Place (Bank of America Tower) which is just on the diagonal corner. Along with RBC and Ritz just behind that, I think its just way too much blue glass in this cluster! The original rendering looked like it was going to be some new space age material didnt it? I liked the original concept - it looked like it would make a great home for a goverment agency - sort of the personality of the Federal Reserve Building in Boston (maybe its just me) Damn, why dont they just build an exact copy of it, would look fantastic in this location!
boston16.jpg

The last "stainless" rendering wasn't very realistic. I wouldn't necessarily say dummed down - even prefer this one - but it does fit alkay's nearly impossible standards, i.e. sargeant complainer.

I hope youre being sarcastic... I think most people agree that variety of buildings is what makes for an interesting city. I love this city, but its frustrating how many of these new projects look so similar.

Damn, I was hoping for a cooler exterior. I agree that there will be too much blue glass in that area now. I'd like to see the other side of the tower.
It's not a horrible design, but it's a bit mish mashy.

Back