Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

Renders are renders and can envision anything their artist desires. In the end you get what you get. Knowing who the architect and developer are does help. In this case, you've got a first-rate architect (aA) with a somewhat middling developer (Pemberton), but the results we've seen to date seem promising enough (unfortunately architects are, to a large degree, slaves to the money).

I'd have liked a little more variation in the size and texture of the stone too, but at least with stone you know that over time it'll develop a bit of a patina. I'd assume there's also some more detail to come once they put in ledges and trim and all of that. And at least it's real stone and not some garbage precast veneer. The townhomes should come out as a nice contribution to the streetscape

I've seen this in person and on some occasions (lighting) it actually looks really good, the white stone material, but in pictures it tends to invoke the cinder block look a little more

Like I said when I started the whole cinder block thing, the blocks are covered in construction dust right now, and the look will improve once they are all cleaned up. The big question now is what will the windows look like? Let's see some nice hardware here.

Today:

MbbB8FH.jpg

For the first time ever? Bay Charles is easily one of the best tall buildings in Toronto. I'd have thought more of you dreamer.

I agree 100% ... with both your points ... seriously UD, you don't see the charm / design quality of Bay and Charles ! Always been one of my favorite residential towers from the 80s / 90s

Back