Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

The point is what was there previously is superior to what is there now. As long as it's housing people then we should be happy with it? It sucks and a terrible addition to the neighbourhood. I would certainly take wha was there before because at least it would eventually be redeveloped. This piece of crap will be here for many decades to come.

I don't understand the nitpicking when it's agreed that this is hot garbage.
Agreed. I'd even argue a fire pit to hell would be an upgrade to this garbage.

So was Kowloon Walled City.
At least kowloon walled city had some amount of unique charm to it, it also no longer exists 😂

That said, 99% of buildings in Hong Kong are ugly, there is hardly a nice looking residential tower in the city. Take that for what you will I suppose

I mean sure but it's very rare that a developer puts more effort into the interior than they do the exterior.
The Daniels Corp and Tridel are just two developers that you can pretty much count on to do a fine job on the interiors, but their exteriors are hit and miss, often more misses… so I don't think it's that rare that a developer puts more effort into the interior.

I must have the worst taste, because I don't think it looks that bad, but I'm trying to wait until it's finished so I can make an accurate judgement. Same with Concord Canada House, because it's Concord, everyone has already declared it an eye sore, but I'll wait until it's complete.

No need to wait on my judgment about the name of this project though. "Time and Space Condos".....Seriously??? I literally chuckle every time I see that name.

Last edited:
I must have the worst taste, because I don't think it looks that bad, but I'm trying to wait until it's finished so I can make a accurate judgement. Same with Concord Canada House, because it's Concord, everyone has already declared it an eyes sore, but I'll wait until it's complete.

No need to wait on my judgment about the name of this project though. "Time and Space Condos".....Seriously??? I literally chuckle every time I see that name.
I mean I dont think people necessarily think Concord Canada house is a bad project, it's just not an icon of 20 year masterplan that it claims to be. I also agree that it'll turn out fine, though definitely not a standout project or anything. This on the other hand. Blah

The Daniels Corp and Tridel are just two developers that you can pretty much count on to do a fine job on the interiors, but their exteriors are hit and miss, often more misses… so I don't think it's that rare that a developer puts more effort into the interior.

So Time and Relative Dimension in Space: Crappy on the outside, but great within?

I mean I dont think people necessarily think Concord Canada house is a bad project, it's just not an icon of 20 year masterplan that it claims to be. I also agree that it'll turn out fine, though definitely not a standout project or anything. This on the other hand. Blah
Both projects are impending dumpster fires, in their own respective ways.

Well I don't really care how long it's been in the works. As long as it ends up looking nice when it's done, that's all I really care about.

The developer overpaid for the site. They needed this density to make it work.

Granted, City Planning could have allowed taller towers instead of a hulking mess if they weren't so heightist, and they could've reduced parking minimums so that some of that above-ground parking could be allocated for some of the residential density.

To those wondering what went wrong with this project, those are good places to start.
Pemberton got the majority of the site for $70m and later paid another $4m for 15 Lower Sherbourne. While that was on the high side at the time, it's just not the case anymore. They're only paying ~$57 buildable here.
So was Kowloon Walled City.
We should be so lucky.
At least kowloon walled city had some amount of unique charm to it, it also no longer exists 😂

That said, 99% of buildings in Hong Kong are ugly, there is hardly a nice looking residential tower in the city. Take that for what you will I suppose
That's not in any way true.

Reactions: neo
7DAFAAD7-22C4-4663-9342-72BFFD65FA7F.jpeg

Back