Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

It is REALLY not worth it - housing could be built without imposing this POS on our neighbourhood. It looms now, it will loom more before much longer. Ahhhhhhh

IMG_0607.JPG

It is REALLY not worth it - housing could be built without imposing this POS on our neighbourhood. It looms now, it will loom more before much longer. Ahhhhhhh
Pretty much sums up how I feel about Daniels Lighthouse Condos 🤣

Joking aside, this project is really not THAT bad. It's going to have a hulking presence here though but fortunately it will get lost in the shuffle and won't do too much damage to the skyline. Ground level remains to be seen.

I try to post pictures *and* complain about it in a reasonable fashion :)

I went to vote yesterday morning and saw some white panels appearing on the southeast corner, but wanted to get in and out and to my desk to work, so didn't take any pictures.

PS. The negativity on this board is getting way more cringeworthy than the architecture. Sigh. Thanks to those who post pictures and comments without the shade and NIMBYism.
Better buildings under construction have less cringeworthy negativity on the comments though...so perhaps it's not really at the fault of the readers but the developers here. I mean, It's not like one can stare at a turd and say how pretty it is for the good karma. That would be an unreasonable expectation instead.

Better buildings under construction have less cringeworthy negativity on the comments though...so perhaps it's not really at the fault of the readers but the developers here. I mean, It's not like one can stare at a turd and say how pretty it is for the good karma. That would be an unreasonable expectation instead.
On top of this, this forum hardly is full of NIMBYs as OP mentioned. Even the most staunch development supporters here know you can't blanket support every building. Being opposed to a building does not automatically make you a NIMBY.

The opposition to this development has nothing to do with NIMBYism. Most of the people complaining dont even live in this area. It's just a crappy development, and in general it's the demanding better rather than just settling for crap that increases the overall quality of developments across the board.

Last edited:
On top of this, this forum hardly is full of NIMBYs as OP mentioned. Even tho most staunch development supporters here know you can't blanket support every building. Being opposed to a building does not automatically make you a NIMBY.

The opposition to this development has nothing to do with NIMBYism. Most of the people complaining dont even live in this area. It's just a crappy development, and in general it's the demanding better rather than just settling for crap that increases the overall quality of developments across the board.
100%. This developer deserves every bit of the negativity on this thread and the lack of pictures for that matter.

Personally I can’t bare to even have pictures of this building in my camera roll.

On top of this, this forum hardly is full of NIMBYs as OP mentioned. Even the most staunch development supporters here know you can't blanket support every building. Being opposed to a building does not automatically make you a NIMBY.

I absolutely agree something needed to be built here, as this place before development was an eyesore and degree or so away from a toxic dump in the heart of a mainly residential district. I also agree something residential needs to be built here that draws in a lot of residents and people traffic. What I don't agree with that we're getting another eyesore and a poor excuse for box architecture in meeting those needs that will be with us for the ages.

So I agree, that's not NIMBYism, just well placed and informed criticism. So cringeworthy bash away!

Hearing from a FB group that No Frills will be returning to its current location after they build the office tower over there- AND that the LCBO will find its new home in Time & Space

There must be something wrong me because I don't think it's that bad...lol. There are so many way worse buildings in the DT core.
And the Esplanade currently has a bunch of whole-block hulks that drown out street life. That's basically all there is from Jarvis to Parliament. The only reason there's any life is because of the park in the middle not because of the buildings.

We are waiting for your progress picture. 🙂
Agreed. Really love those. Thank you for the comments and pictures that actually add value to this thread instead of using it as a "bashing" bully pulpit. Those here just to call the project "junk" ( and I'm paraphrasing politely) 17 different ways (before it's even half done) don't offer anything constructive, inspiring or community building. I guess I hit a nerve with trolls. sigh. lol

Last edited:
Agreed. Really love those. Thank you for the comments and pictures that actually add value to this thread instead of using it as a "bashing" bully pulpit. Those here just to call the project "junk" ( and I'm paraphrasing politely) 17 different ways (before it's even half done) don't offer anything constructive, inspiring or community building. I guess I hit a nerve with trolls. sigh. lol
Thank you for summing this project up, totally agree, it's "junk".

I’m going to take a wild guess here, investor?

Reactions: DSC

Back