Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

There's a bunch of buildings coming to the area that are taller than what's currently there so I don't think it'll stand out that much. Mainly worried about the spandrel-fest that might be coming.

Also live in the area, and as out of scale as this spandrel monstrosity is, I am looking forward to this parking lot being developed, and interested to see how the residents, and the additional retail changes the area for better or worse.
Yeah, I agree. The nice thing about this area, depending on your tastes, is that it still feels a bit unknown. It's slower and has a nice community feel. It'll be very interesting to see how this changes over the next few years.

Taken June 11, 2018:

Demolition of the Sobey's store is progressing northward from the rear, maintaining the west, north and partial east facades intact (for now).
file.jpeg

file1.jpeg

file2.jpeg

file-1.jpeg

Looking south from Front Street:
file1-1.jpeg

file-2.jpg

file2-1.jpeg

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 702
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 689
  • file2.jpeg
    file2.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 687
  • file-1.jpeg
    file-1.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 710
  • file1-1.jpeg
    file1-1.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 713
  • file-2.jpg
    file-2.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 689
  • file2-1.jpeg
    file2-1.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 694
Taken June 13, 2018:
file1.jpeg

file.jpeg

I don't know what's up with the CN Tower in this pic...
file-1.jpeg

...but I straightened it out.
file1-1.jpeg

Attachments

• file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 690
  • file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 678
  • file-1.jpeg
    file-1.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 695
  • file1-1.jpeg
    file1-1.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 716
June 16, 2018:

A nostalgic and melancholy look at what's left of the interior of the old Sobey's store. I remember regularly walking up and down those steps just inside the Front Street entrance to the store. Unfortunately, the Sobey's store, the first grocery store in this neighbourhood, simply could not compete with the No Frills store that subsequently opened on the opposite corner. I seem to recall that Sobey's had a first right to operate a food store pursuant to any redevelopment of the site. I wonder if they might reappear as a ground floor anchor tenant once the condo project is completed, unlikely as that is as long as No Frills is still around.
file2-1.jpeg

file.jpeg

file1-1.jpeg

Attachments

• file2-1.jpeg
    file2-1.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 671
  • file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 661
  • file1-1.jpeg
    file1-1.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:
From the Globe and Mail building:
I think that was yesterday, or very early this morning. Caught this about 11 AM, and the wall along Front is gone. Amazingly, they didn't drop any bricks on the parked cars. They were bouncing out to the centre-line yesterday! Horrid health and safety from GFL.

upload_2018-6-19_13-38-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-19_13-38-32.png
    upload_2018-6-19_13-38-32.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 684
I know many here don't like this project. Blah architecture and too much density. But this block has been quite the negative for the community for a long time. Just look at how much empty space there was. Other than the Sobeys it long has been a deadzone. Looking forward to it fixing a big hole in the area.

Last edited:
I know many here don't like this project. Blah architecture and too much density. But this block has been quite the negative for the community for a long time. Just look at how much empty space there was. Other than the Sobeys it long has been a deadzone. Looking forward to it fixing a big hole in the area.

Thanks for posting pictures. Have the demolish completed and they start to dig?

Thanks for posting pictures. Have the demolish completed and they start to dig?
They are removing concrete and look as though they are preparing to start installing piles. The excavation on this site is not deep so it should move quite fast and I bet you will see innumerable photos posted of it happening right here!

Back