Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I know many here don't like this project. Blah architecture and too much density. But this block has been quite the negative for the community for a long time. Just look at how much empty space there was. Other than the Sobeys it long has been a deadzone. Looking forward to it fixing a big hole in the area.

Last edited:

kathy365

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know many here don't like this project. Blah architecture and too much density. But this block has been quite the negative for the community for a long time. Just look at how much empty space there was. Other than the Sobeys it long has been a deadzone. Looking forward to it fixing a big hole in the area.
Thanks for posting pictures. Have the demolish completed and they start to dig?

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thanks for posting pictures. Have the demolish completed and they start to dig?
They are removing concrete and look as though they are preparing to start installing piles. The excavation on this site is not deep so it should move quite fast and I bet you will see innumerable photos posted of it happening right here!

CityPainter

Member Bio
Reaction score
The excavation on this site is not deep
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but is this building going to have primarily aboveground or underground parking? I looked at the renders on their website and the project database page here and none of the views are very clear on that aspect. I've noticed that as they demolish the former Sobey's they've been infilling with crushed stone brought from elsewhere. This seems like an odd thing to do if you're planning to dig...

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but is this building going to have primarily aboveground or underground parking? I looked at the renders on their website and the project database page here and none of the views are very clear on that aspect. I've noticed that as they demolish the former Sobey's they've been infilling with crushed stone brought from elsewhere. This seems like an odd thing to do if you're planning to dig...
The garage is more (or deeper) at the Front Street end of the site - I think they are putting crushed rock on the site to level and stabilise it so it can hold up the piling machines - they did same thing at 158 Front and now piles are all in they are starting to excavate there again.

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score

Attachments

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
You been given good help there: @DSC is correct that the info s being put there so that rigs have a flat surface to work on to sort work on the foundations (as shallow as they may be). @Solaris has been very helpful in providing the cutaway image. The above grade parking will be entirely hidden by suites that surround it on all sides. For a space that would otherwise be quite dark between the two arms of the building, it's a smart way to go. Building above ground parking is far less expensive than below grade, as well: that would have kept the prices here (closer to) reasonable, and helped sell the building very quickly.