Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

I don't mind concrete ceilings if the surface is relatively smooth with no significant pot marks, rough spots or other imperfections. I have visited most of Lamb's buildings and I have to say the concrete work is better than most. If you don't like the exposed concrete you could always paint over it or even laminate a layer of drywall. I personally would seal the concrete as bare concrete is chalky and will continue to dust off.

I think seeing the bands on the inside is quite cool and dynamic and adds some interest to the interior -- you don't see this in any other condo. I don't think it really blocks the views as there is so much glass to begin with. Just take a step or two over to get another view.

So has Mr. Lamb remedied the green hat yet....... nope. Can I say I told you so yet?

Just like Cityzen claimed at one time that the 'bottle caps' atop the 2 Absolute World towers were temporary

Whether the mechanical glass stays or not it is still an exceptional tower so why dwell on the negatives?

Exceptional buildings don't have negatives...that's what makes them exceptional.

Newsflash.....224 King St West is not an exceptional building.

Exceptional buildings don't have negatives...that's what makes them exceptional.

Newsflash.....224 King St West is not an exceptional building.

Well put. I think we're far too forgiving of architecture nowadays. So often the highest praise is something along the lines of "well it's better than what was there", which isn't exactly a glowing review. If our standard for excellence has sunk to being better than a parking lot/old dilapidated building/etc., or that the developer stayed maybe 70-80% true to the renders, then we have a problem.

Well put. I think we're far too forgiving of architecture nowadays. So often the highest praise is something along the lines of "well it's better than what was there", which isn't exactly a glowing review. If our standard for excellence has sunk to being better than a parking lot/old dilapidated building/etc., or that the developer stayed maybe 70-80% true to the renders, then we have a problem.

And that sums up probably 9 out of 10 Toronto proposals.

7OAonbG.jpg

Seriously? It's a condo building and it stands out for what it is. Few buildings with much larger budgets don't have compromises in their designs. This forum suffers too often from those that are too proud of their ridiculously unattainable standards.

Morimoto is pretty durn smart to get into this location. With RTH across the street, the Alex next door, the POW, the Festival building and hopefully the M/G project coming... could there be a safer-bet location for a celebu-chef?

Back