Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

If the rendering looked like what we eventually got, there would have been 0 buzz. This really turned out to be a dud.

The vertical and horizontal bands extended out from the glass is what really made the design. Poor execution.

What happened to this:

Yep, the clearer, more platinum looking glass in this render is a lot more elegant than what's there, too.

If the rendering looked like what we eventually got, there would have been 0 buzz. This really turned out to be a dud.

The vertical and horizontal bands extended out from the glass is what really made the design. Poor execution.

What happened to this:

Maybe it was too expensive to build the extended bands? Maybe they didn't meet code?

And it's a render from 6 years ago.

"0 buzz"? "A dud"? What nauseating hyperbole.

What's more, if the bands are supposed to express the idea that they're holding everything in, why would they suddenly lose their taughtness and become loose at the top?

Yep, a dud.

That's - frankly - complete and utter nonsense. As disappointed as I am about how the top turned out, had the initial renders depicted the top as it ended up being built, there still would have been much more excitement here than for the majority of condo projects out there, and this design still easily stands out among other towers in the area.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2765.jpg
    IMG_2765.jpg
    995.5 KB · Views: 2,344
  • IMG_2751.JPG
    IMG_2751.JPG
    903.5 KB · Views: 2,312
I think this building has some really strong points, but there's also an element to it that comes across as just sloppy or unrealized. The bands on the side are inconsistent, even if finished (from what I can tell), the mechanical (won't beat that dead horse), the lining on the balconies could be tighter, etc.

Back