Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

6F99C8E8-71ED-4E3E-8B63-41E8C8BA763A.jpeg

E6C2C0A9-162E-48F4-9E92-40DFC0D338AD.jpeg

Looking forward to this immensely! Meanwhile the stretch of Front Street from Bathurst E to well past Spadina is an unsightly mess.

Looking forward to this immensely! Meanwhile the stretch of Front Street from Bathurst E to well past Spadina is an unsightly mess.
You mean on Front from Bathurst to Spadina? Going East, there's the Minto Westside which is completed, the Reve which is completed, Portland Park Village, then that Portland Commons proposal for office, then the Draper heritage homes and then the Well
You mean in terms of construction it's a mess?

The office portion should really start moving now. Already up 8 floors, 28 more to go! Exciting that the rest of the site is starting to come to grade now, the tallest residential building footprint is now above grade, with a lot of the site following close behind it.

I wonder how long it will take the enwave portion of the site to reach grade now.

You mean on Front from Bathurst to Spadina? Going East, there's the Minto Westside which is completed, the Reve which is completed, Portland Park Village, then that Portland Commons proposal for office, then the Draper heritage homes and then the Well
You mean in terms of construction it's a mess?
Sorry I mean the streetscape and the street itself is a mess and looks neglected.

Red Mars: "Pine trees are one of Canada's gems."

Totally agree and never understood the wasted opportunities to use "evergreens" to cut thru winter blahs with colour. No doubt there are planning pages describing why (safety/lurkers, maintanance etc.) evergreens are a no go.

Would love to see tall copses from the Ex thro Cityplace and St. Lawrence.... warms the soul in Feb. Coffee shops can warm the rest.

Sorry I mean the streetscape and the street itself is a mess and looks neglected.
There is little ;point in doing anything with the Front Street streetscape until the Well construction is finished. But, it may well be time for plans to be made, at one time there was talk of installing a sidewalk on the south side and that certainly sounds like a necessary thing to d but I am not sure the City could take over any of the rail corridor land to widen it a bit but ...

Back