Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

I like outside-air escalators; this reminds me of buildings in Tokyo. Do escalators run properly when it's -20C though?
Toronto reaches -20 about once a year, if at all. And even then it is almost always in the middle of the night for a few hours.

My understanding of the issue with outdoor escalators in Toronto was always the amount of salt and snow that was tracked into them that caused issues. There have been outdoor escalators at Union Station for years but there are now only a handful left as they are quite expensive to maintain I believe.

Toronto reaches -20 about once a year, if at all. And even then it is almost always in the middle of the night for a few hours.

My understanding of the issue with outdoor escalators in Toronto was always the amount of salt and snow that was tracked into them that caused issues. There have been outdoor escalators at Union Station for years but there are now only a handful left as they are quite expensive to maintain I believe.
I'm under the impression that GO does not like escalators there as they have experienced dangerous crowding at the top of some of them on the too-small platforms at rush hour. I think GO turns them off now, and they are only used for VIA trains.

Sept 20, 2019

Saying bye to the cistern's view...

Would be nice if someone has put a short documentary together on it.

DSC01982.JPG

DSC01983.JPG

DSC01984.JPG

DSC01985.JPG

DSC01987.JPG

DSC01988.JPG

DSC01990.JPG

DSC01991.JPG

DSC01992.JPG

DSC01993.JPG

DSC01994.JPG

DSC01995.JPG

DSC01996.JPG

DSC01997.JPG

DSC01998.JPG

Those green trains will add a nice contrast to a most-likely-very-blue building. Even with the park on top... then green will be the contrast.

Trains are so cool. Makes me want to build one out of Lego. :)

Does anyone know has any retail tenants been announced yet?
I have heard of a few rumours of the Cineplex on Richmond and the Second City on Blue Jays Ways moving here from their existing location due to redevelopment of those buildings but unclear if true or not. Also heard Wholefoods may put a location there

I have heard of a few rumours of the Cineplex on Richmond and the Second City on Blue Jays Ways moving here from their existing location due to redevelopment of those buildings but unclear if true or not. Also heard Wholefoods may put a location there
If Cineplex were moving in we would be seeing architectural changes as I doubt you can just move a major multi-screen cinema into what was planned as an office/residential complex. You need raked floors etc etc etc.

If Cineplex were moving in we would be seeing architectural changes as I doubt you can just move a major multi-screen cinema into what was planned as an office/residential complex. You need raked floors etc etc etc.

You haven't seen any raked floors etc because the cinema is on the 3rd / 4th floor of Building D - which they are nowhere near building yet.

You haven't seen any raked floors etc because the cinema is on the 3rd / 4th floor of Building D - which they are nowhere near building yet.
I have heard that both Cineplex and Second City were looking for appropriate spaces in the area and the Well came up as a great option for the space required. Seems you have your own sources as well :cool:
Would be AMAZING if true!
V

i wonder how does the workers manage to go from one corner to another without getting lost. the site is huge and confusing.

Back