Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

1 March 2010:

dsc01018uptownblahsov.jpg

This looks like an atom bomb is going off in Mississauga

^I took a photograph just before sunset yesterday, then I read a press release stating that Picnik has just been bought by Google. So I checked it out, and it's brilliant! A free web-based photo editor. Playing around with contrast, exposure, saturation, colour etc produced my result. Very dramatic, don't you think?

^I took a photograph just before sunset yesterday, then I read a press release stating that Picnik has just been bought by Google. So I checked it out, and it's brilliant! A free web-based photo editor. Playing around with contrast, exposure, saturation, colour etc produced my result. Very dramatic, don't you think?

or maybe...

[video=youtube;X3vPugz6wJU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3vPugz6wJU[/video]

you know, depending on how you look at it

or maybe...

you know, depending on how you look at it

By that standard, you could say the same thing about 98% of the buildings in the metropolitan area. Most of the other 2% are in Rosedale or the CBD. On Yonge Street, there are probably only 3-4 buildings between Dundas and Bloor that aren't a piece of junk.

... depending on how you look at it.

Last edited:
Progress this morning. I wish this building wasn't looking so cheap. Note the discolouration...

I noticed that too but your detail is much better than my eyes from Bloor Street. I wondered the same thing, are they dirty or bad pieces of precast. Presumably they're dirty or they would have been rejected and re-cast for a project of this nature.

I would assume it's just dirty (future pics will prove one way or another) - most sites would have an aspect of quality control that would reject damaged or discoloured components from suppliers.

Nice updates! Uptown looks about 8 or so floors to go before it over takes crystal blu!

The cladding is very dirty indeed... The building cladding looks very cheap cause it gets dirty in a breeze... Its probably just surface dirt that will be cleaned off once the building is complete...

30 years down the road we'll see a re-clad (jokes ;))

May 2011 closing ? What happened to the 2010 closings ?

They'll probably clean those dirty precasts...

May 2011 closing ? What happened to the 2010 closings ?

They'll probably clean those dirty precasts...

The move-in/closing dates were probably moved because the exterior of the structure is just a little over half built.

Back