Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

From today:

DSCN5565.jpg

DSCN5568.jpg

DSCN5569.jpg

DSCN5570.jpg

very nice photos (as always) Casaguy!

I'm loving the look Uptown has now with all its various setbacks!... The East side of Uptown's base is probably the least attractive thing if you ask me... but other than that, the building is lookin good!

So, there's the last big setback. I'm really curious to see how this changes the feel of the massing

The one nitpick....

The one thing I don't like about this building are the grey windows. I would have preferred something darker to contrast. I think the developers behind both profects tried too hard to harmonize the colour scheme of both towers.

The one thing I don't like about this building are the grey windows. I would have preferred something darker to contrast. I think the developers behind both profects tried too hard to harmonize the colour scheme of both towers.

I agree, darker frames for contrast. I guess I was looking for a taste of One St. Thomas here. Flame away...

The roof is so elegant yet so simple. This is more proof that it's not difficult to incorporate a mechanical box cover into your design and make it look good.

According to the model, there's still one more big setback to go... and at least another 23 floors...

I count 17-18 more storeys, and just a couple small articulations on the north/south elevations. Unless you're counting the roof feature, then I suppose it would be something like 23 more storeys

See the sections which have rain/melted snow on them? Looks like the tower will be a nice colour when it's just rained :) hehe. Hopefully that same colour will cover the entire tower once the precast has aged a bit.

Uptown & Blu today from Y+B

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back