Toronto The Quay, Tower Three (was Maple Leaf Quay) | 66.44m | 21s | Pacific Reach | BDP Quadrangle

From Tuesday morning.

1000008500.jpg

I love this infill.

Does anyone know if this water north of Queens Quay is used for anything (learn to canoe, kayak etc.)?

Think they should build a deck over part of the H2O to extend the public realm footprint in front of the new buildings... and pack it with greenery.

Could be a very nice nest on the waterfront.

infill.jpg

Google Earth
home-design.jpg

Attachments

• MapleLeafQuay.png
    MapleLeafQuay.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 7
I love this infill.

Does anyone know if this water north of Queens Quay is used for anything (learn to canoe, kayak etc.)?

Think they should build a deck over part of the H2O to extend the public realm footprint in front of the new buildings... and pack it with greenery.

Could be a very nice nest on the waterfront.

View attachment 571225
Google Earth
home-design.jpg
At one time there WAS greenery and, I think, a cafe and it may return. I doubt decking over the water is necessary but some general tidying up is, broken concrete, floating junk etc. I suspect this may happen as the new section gets occupied and they will, I hope, reactivate the water sculpture thingy too.

The white-wrapped piece is the (former) water feature:

1718040083876.png

Last edited:

Years ago I was an instructor at Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak centre. We used to bring kids here occasionally to teach the basics to get them ready for a harbour crossing. It was secluded and good for beginners, but the water was usually pretty gross. Not sure if they still use it.

Back