Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Billboard removal going on? And yes, the weekend would be the time to do that to avoid closing lanes during crazier weekday traffic.

I'm probably being overly critical but I find those Foster buildings posted on the previous page uninteresting. If that is what we are talking about when we are talking about a "landmark monument" at Bloor and Yonge I'm not exactly excited.

Yeah I find F+P very overrated. They're the IBM of architects--big boring and rather past their sell by date.

I think NYC's SHoP or Morris Adjmi Architects create far more interesting residential towers. Or if you insist on a blue chip name, Henning Larsen Architects have been around for decades, yet consistently outclass any F+crap buildings.

Yeah I find F+P very overrated. They're the IBM of architects--big boring and rather past their sell by date.

I think NYC's SHoP or Morris Adjmi Architects create far more interesting residential towers. Or if you insist on a blue chip name, Henning Larsen Architects have been around for decades, yet consistently outclass any F+crap buildings.

That's a terrible analogy. Where IBM have been consistently losing ground to competitors over the past few years, Foster is more successful than ever (and far more creative than other firms their size). Why the need to 'sell?'

I'm probably being overly critical but I find those Foster buildings posted on the previous page uninteresting. If that is what we are talking about when we are talking about a "landmark monument" at Bloor and Yonge I'm not exactly excited.
Those designs have nothing at all to do with what we're getting, just designs that they have released recently.

Those designs have nothing at all to do with what we're getting, just designs that they have released recently.

The high-rise residential designs from his firms are generally speaking less iconic than his office and institutional works - and I definitely wouldn't expect F+P to adopt a "warm" palette of materials.

Too bad the 3C proposal hasn't been made public - it would be interesting to compare this project against that.

AoD

Back