Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Pretty glaring that the area councillor wasn’t at the ribbon cutting. This is the most significant development in the city — the country! — let alone her ward and she skipped it. Time to let go of the grudge Councillor Wong Tam.

She didn't support the project (as it was approved) on its merits, as I recall. Personally, I can't get worked up if our local politicians attend photo-ops/PR events for a private development or not, and from a quality-of-life perspective it's quite debatable how significant this is to the people in her ward. Asinine to call it a grudge.

nice work contra!

Tried to judge it off of the limited views from afar but as said much work to do! Fit these two in a quick 10 minute breather at work today haha

Here is from a different angle with quite a few other additions. Once again massive credit to Norm Li for his photos, simply amazing to get these angles and can't help but try to envision the future!
View attachment 124779
Original photo by Norm Li: https://flic.kr/p/YTZi81

This morning.
4FB6FBFF-C5F9-448F-AEA5-52C73B0C7243.jpeg

Attachments

• 4FB6FBFF-C5F9-448F-AEA5-52C73B0C7243.jpeg
    4FB6FBFF-C5F9-448F-AEA5-52C73B0C7243.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 693
Already posted here: #4197

She didn't support the project (as it was approved) on its merits, as I recall. Personally, I can't get worked up if our local politicians attend photo-ops/PR events for a private development or not, and from a quality-of-life perspective it's quite debatable how significant this is to the people in her ward. Asinine to call it a grudge.
Especially when the mayor would be there. While a politician, I don't think she plays the game as much as others.

As someone who lives in the area, I haven't heard a whole lot of excitement about the building; it's just another condo to most. Outside of real estate agents and architecture/urbanism wonks like us, it's generally not something most people get excited about. Truthfully, the vast majority of ward 27 has seen rents skyrocket and affordable housing and retail vaporize over the last decade. Even if it was only a handful of store-top, century apartments lost at that corner, this is a huge gilded symbol of wealth forcing affordability away.

The small businesses and George Brown, UofT and Ryerson students aren't throwing parties over it for sure. Okay, maybe some of the Ryerson students, but you get my drift.

Back