Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Using this as a reference point for future progression status updates.

That infinity pool facing the city is going to be beautiful.

Upon further examination, I believe the model shown in the video is one iteration shy of the final version. The most current renders show a few slight changes, such as the removal of the notches between the main structural beams on all four sides (where the convertible indoor/outdoor balconies were suppose to be), the shortening of the podium, and IIRC the removal of the pedestal on which the infinity pool is shown floating on. There will be a pool similar, but I'm not sure if it will look as such.

Using this as a reference point for future progression status updates.
Great view. You're at a unique height level where you can actually see Hullmark Centre at Yonge-Sheppard above the horizon. Quite neat!
An animated gif of what should be the not-so-distant:
giphy.gif

Perhaps for the better. Glass flooring + underfloor lighting is easily damaged.

Perhaps, perhaps not. In any case it would have been spectacular. Here is one of the best documentary on HSBC HQ out there (though everything is in Cantonese - I am sure there is an English version, which I have never encountered) - and specifically on the glass floor itself at 34:16

AoD

Where is this?

IMG_6695.jpg

Looks like an interior courtyard. Will car traffic still come off Balmuto? Have they figured out a resolution with the residents of the laneway they'll be sharing?

Attachments

• IMG_6695.jpg
    IMG_6695.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 576
Re: that rendering of the valet above - it's basically the view you would have if you were looking from the red arrows here. These are old plans on the city site - things have change since then

image.jpg

Having watched this video with an eye strictly on the product not the people, it reaffirms my expectation this will be, by all measures, the number 1 residential building in Canada. An icon when complete. To describe it as Yorkville is spot on. To those who trash this notion, say 'Yorkville' to any person modestly familiar with our City and they'll immediately visualize the signatures of Yonge & Bloor - our Midtown - Holt's, Yorkville and Cumberland, restaurants, boutiques, jewelry, Manulife Centre, high fashion and money money money.

Like Zsa Zsa sang, 'Darling, I love you, but give me Park Avenue.'

Re: that rendering of the valet above - it's basically the view you would have if you were looking from the red arrows here. These are old plans on the city site - things have change since then

image.jpg

So that valet service is outside in the alleyway. No wonder the people in the apartment building complained. There'll be cars parked in the laneway while the valets get them into their spots. It's already pretty tight as is. The rendering makes it look more spacious than it is. To make matters worse, the apartment's garage entrance is on the same corner. I thought they would've figured out a solution to this but it looks like they're going ahead with it as is.

h6IWzje.jpg

Where is this?

Looks like an interior courtyard. Will car traffic still come off Balmuto? Have they figured out a resolution with the residents of the laneway they'll be sharing?

As ChesterCopperpot posted, in this photo if you entered the revolving doors and proceeded through the next ones, you would be on Bloor Street (you can faintly see 2 Bloor Street West's podium through the glass. This mini plaza is the other side of that view (an slightly older render).

one-bloor-west-11.jpg

Source: https://www.condosky.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/one-bloor-west-11.jpg

Having watched this video with an eye strictly on the product not the people, it reaffirms my expectation this will be, by all measures, the number 1 residential building in Canada. An icon when complete.
'

Well... while the video is technically still marketing tool for the building, yes - I believe the odds are in it's favour for delivering something we have never seen in a residential building of this caliber or scale. Foster+Partners is a legendary firm with an impressive portfolio to back it - better than anyone could have hoped for; and if the rumours are true, Apple retail- some of the most iconic in the industry, will be setting up shop in the ground-level space.
I don't think the site is large or significant enough in capacity to compare it to the Rockefeller Centre, and the comparisons to the Empire State Building seem to end at it being very very tall. But the fact that the residential portion doesn't start until level 18 makes this feel like it's more than just another condo. To me, this even more exciting than One Bloor.

So that valet service is outside in the alleyway. No wonder the people in the apartment building complained. There'll be cars parked in the laneway while the valets get them into their spots. It's already pretty tight as is. The rendering makes it look more spacious than it is. To make matters worse, the apartment's garage entrance is on the same corner. I thought they would've figured out a solution to this but it looks like they're going ahead with it as is.

The laneway will be wider than what is currently there. There will also be 3/4 parking spaces in an alcove that the valet can use before bringing it down to the parking levels - allowing the Balmuto residents to get out of their garage.

Norman Li flew around Toronto to capture some amazing photos used in the Amazon pitch for HQ2. Saw it as a great backdrop to start trying to add in some of these developments. Here's a first stab that will likely last a while!
Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 1.23.42 PM.png

Original Photo: https://flic.kr/p/YTZiob

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 1.23.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 1.23.42 PM.png
    730.1 KB · Views: 525

Back