Toronto The Modern | ?m | 17s | Empire | DTAH

You've never been asked for money in front of the Tim Hortons? You must be the only one.

You used to not be able to go into the Bloor and Bedford Tim Hortons without being asked for money. They were often in the store, too. I remember one time being asked for money inside the store, and when I said no, the guy responded with "I bet you've never killed a man." I sort of stared, and he continued "I have. You think you're so tough. I can take you. You've never killed a man." I couldn't really say much other than "Uhhh..."

The website price has jumped now to 185.990 compared to what it was and is still on the outside of the sales office underconstruction.

Studio starts around 158K (I think)
1 Bedroom 186K (I know)

I'm seriously considering a 1 bedroom there. It is the current frontier of the "condo march" - as one of you put it - along Sherbourne. The eastern view is not very flattering at this point.

When I see the social services map provided by the Garden District Resident Association:
http://www.gardendistrict.ca/in_our_garden/map_social_services.html

although the map is clearly a few years old, most of the social services in question are actually north of the Park, yet Moss Park is the congregating point and hence the current reputation it has.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything online that's more up to date that the above link? And that also encompasses toronto east and central also?

Seems like it would be useful for those who dont know all the parts of Toronto that well...
Dont want sound like an ass, but I was very interested in this condo until I read this thread.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything online that's more up to date that the above link? And that also encompasses toronto east and central also?

Seems like it would be useful for those who dont know all the parts of Toronto that well... Don't want sound like an ass, but I was very interested in this condo until I read this thread.

I would not give up on this one just yet - though there is lots of social housing (Moss Park) and many shelters just north of Queen Street there are also pretty good condo developments just south of the Modern, including MOZO, Rezen etc. This is an area in transition, the Modern is trying to expand the borders of the more upscale part of the area: that's how cities change.

The "thing" is actually 294 Richmond East. It is a six-storey mixed-use building (retail, offices, and 10 loft type residential units.) As the photos show, they have just started putting the windows in.

May 25

2522129025_81c0fb2fac_b.jpg

I just bought

I just bought at this development. it's really cool!

I am in a bachlor now and I got a 1 bdrm. NICE building, ok area. should be fun!

Back