Toronto The Modern | ?m | 17s | Empire | DTAH

Congradulations on your new condo~ I've been through the sales office before and seen what they had to offer, I must agree that this project's roof terrace (Mod Lounge) are indeed very cool ... and welcome to UT

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm really happy about it... I dont know how I over looked this building! the west side gets all the attention. the one I bought has a 200sq foot terrece so I will make my own mini mod club lol.

the east side is still kind of yuppie free. not like liberty village!

seriously the west side gets too much attention!

The east side is where it's at and is undervalued! new buildings like VU rock, and the buyers will do well resale wise!

I REALLY like the modern, I bet a lot of people over look these buildings.

VU is comming along very well your so lucky! I looked at VU back in 05/06, but went with something that was already built in Liberty Village,

I can't wait till the Modern is done, it's so close to the distillery and the St. Lawrence market, its on a streetcar line like 3 minutes to down town... yet people still ignore the East side!

anyways i'm sure the VU folks and the Modern Folks inevitably meet at some point and i'm sure there will be lots of beer and BBQ

Does anyone know when this is breaking ground?

Back in early summer they had a pre-construction sales sign on, but by later summer it had been taken down. My agent has the audacity to tell me that the signed dropped and they never bothered to put it back up. Jokes....

I think they have the permit to dig, who knows though. I wouldn't worry about it!

I love this project!

Site sold to 'Empire Communities' ?

judging from both the recent Condo Guide advertisement and the website (http://www.themoderncondos.com/), it appears that 'The Modern' condo has been sold by Cityview Homes to Empire to finish the development ... I guess there may have been some financial issues ??

Thanks for pointing this out Solaris. I'm definitely going to have to make some phone calls on this one.

First reaction: the original developer didn't really know what they were doing in the downtown condo market and having Empire take over could be seen as an 'upgrade'.

Second reaction: the way they've handled 'Fly' so far is not so reassuring.

Last edited:
Empire has indeed taken the site over, pre-existing sales won't be effected and the design is to remain the same.

Empire has actually done fairly well with Fly despite the general slowdown in sales across the GTA.

The main factor for Cityview selling the site was the inability to obtain financing for the project.

I think the new address will be 302 Richmond Street East, the current ownership for the property is under 115 Sherbourne.

how'd you figure on the new address BMyers?

from my read of the City's mapping, I see "320 Richmond Street East" identified as High Density Residential - Apartment ... that would be more my guess of the new address for 'The Modern'

Empire has indeed taken the site over, pre-existing sales won't be effected and the design is to remain the same.

Empire has actually done fairly well with Fly despite the general slowdown in sales across the GTA.

Do you have any sales figures for the fly condos?

Back