Toronto The Charles at Church | 152.7m | 47s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

The fortunes of inheriting the name of the apartment block it is bastardizing.

The lack of balconies is partly because they usually aren't cramming 12+ units per floor in a point tower with every unit having a balcony. That's not to say they don't have their share of balcony less residential buildings too.

I m not glad it approved.
Why not be more creative with design.
If it continue like that,Toronto will become a city with a third world architecture.

Charles at Church
http://www.aspenridgehomes.com/new-condos/toronto/charles-church#regform

rendering.jpg

Attachments

• rendering.jpg
    rendering.jpg
    859.9 KB · Views: 792
I m not glad it approved.
Why not be more creative with design.
If it continue like that,Toronto will become a city with a third world architecture.

We have more than enough of the tacky expressive junk you tend to swoon over. I'm always open to more quality structural expressionism. You just can't tell the good from the bad.

Done right, the busyness could play well off the Casas.

Done wrong, this could be a real fiasco. It already looks like 365 Church's taller, less kempt cousin.

Please, someone give me faith that Aspen Ridge are willing to invest in half decent materials...

With white or treated balcony glass this could contrast nicely with the other towers in the area. Doesn't look like white or treated balcony glass in that render though..

Wow that looks terrible. I find it interesting that Toronto architects really play up balconies making them a focal point whereby other cities (MTL, YVR) tend to downplay them. I much prefer the latter or eliminating them all together.
This is just a mess.

This looks very much like 365 Church Street to me and we all know how well that building went over!

An "icon"! "striking architecture"? lol Lord have mercy!

My prediction, lots and lots of gray spandrel, and yes, I am psychic!

Last edited:

Back