Toronto The Berczy | 41.76m | 13s | Concert | Arcadis

Yep, location, location, location!

I bought at Market Wharf and I am over the moon (the actual moon, not Granny's :p) excited about the location, but I have to admit that I'll be envious of anyone living at The Berczy. Walk out the door and voila! There you are! Can't beat the location!

OK, sure, perhaps the lower floors might be cheek to cheek ;) with pedestrians, but this is downtown Toronto. If you're on the upper floors on the NE corner, you've got it made!

Here's hoping for quality retail at ground level... will anyone miss Giant Book Sale? :)

Top notch location.

Unfortunately, the average buyer, even with a nice down payment I think will be priced out of this building.
I would imagine price per sq ft here would be substantial, and will be one of those offerings where the building will sell out in a couple of days if not the first day.

With only 13 floors and a superb location, the psf could be substantial yet it could be a sell out. Will be interesting to see what the prices are... they're described as "luxury" but who knows...

Naming the park after Berczy was a nice touch, but considering his talent as a leading artist in early Toronto he deserves better than to have this thing named after him.

you're right, lending his name to a big symmetrical glass box would convey a much higher degree of honour... :rolleyes:

Berczy's art was contemporary to his times - check out his portrait of Maria Sutherland at the ROM, with its neo-Classical feeling, for instance - so a building designed by one of our leading contemporary firms would certainly be a more appropriate fit than this dullard.

New rendering showing the site in context. Looks darn good to me.

newrendering.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at that render posted above, I'm wondering if this building will abut the low-rise stock along Front St. This neighbourhood is full of continuous strong streetwalls, but isn't there some by-law now requiring a certain distance between buildings?

Last edited:
^^^ You can build lot line to lot line for any portion of building that doesn't have windows. Otherwise the building setbacks would apply.

Back