Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

In the images you can see the frame at the west end of the podium is being painted in a white colour. Expect something like what took place at the lobby.

Activity on the webcam

Attachments

• IMG_3332.PNG
    IMG_3332.PNG
    611.1 KB · Views: 389
I find it funny that people are now praising this project for simply not being mind-numbingly terrible in the vein of 300 Front. This is arguably one of the most prominent locations in the city and will define our skyline for ages. Tridel really knows how to set the bar low.

The truth is that in this image, TEN YORK is rising between 1 York and Maple Leaf Square, which are between Harbour Plaza and Ice. I am still not convinced that this is appearing from far away. That said it definitely has a large impact locally.

Someone is wearing their pedantic pants today

I find it funny that people are now praising this project for simply not being mind-numbingly terrible in the vein of 300 Front. This is arguably one of the most prominent locations in the city and will define our skyline for ages. Tridel really knows how to set the bar low.
I'm not convinced by this tower either. Sure the materials are a step up for Tridel but the overall design isn't.

Look at Harbour Plaza and 1 York next door. They feel like the subject of Toronto's skyline and will so for me for ages. I am really disappointed on how those are turning out. Hopefully TEN YORK mitigates their impact on the skyline as well as the surrounding neighbourhoods. If you can compare 300 Front vs TEN YORK, please don't rank 300 on the upper hand in that comparison or I will critique the comparison. I am extremely surprised by the amount of Urban Toronto users who continue to critique this tower.
Someone is wearing their pedantic pants today
Who is wearing their pedantic pants? Not me. I was telling the truth, not a minor detail.

Harbour plaza are better in real life than in the rendering.
I m glad it turned so well.
these twin towers are simple,elegant and sophisticated.
Beauty is often in simplicity with elegance.

Personally, I think this is turning out fine, and looks good not just compared to other Tridel buildings but by Toronto's 'meh' standards as a whole. This isn't in the same ball park as a One Bloor per se, but its unique angular geometry combined with the prominent location make it one of the more interesting projects in the city. I think this project has deservingly earned a lot of its praise.

Harbour plaza are better in real life than in the rendering.
I m glad it turned so well.
these twin towers are simple,elegant and sophisticated.
Beauty is often in simplicity with elegance.
No one ever has any criticism for Harbour Plaza, except for me. There, balconies are dominant and there is only spandrel besides balconies at Harbour Plaza. The praise that they receive is just joking. They are slums even now. :( Worst is that:
  • They take a prime piece of the skyline and will always be on it.
  • 1 York crowds up TEN YORK, and Harbour Plaza fully blocks out TEN YORK from the east.
Personally, I think this is turning out fine, and looks good not just compared to other Tridel buildings but by Toronto's 'meh' standards as a whole. This isn't in the same ball park as a One Bloor per se, but its unique angular geometry combined with the prominent location make it one of the more interesting projects in the city. I think this project has deservingly earned a lot of its praise.
You almost hit the nail on the head, @steveve, that this is turning out great! :) However, even in its current state, there is still not enough praise for TEN YORK. In fact, several members think this looks like your typical Toronto condo.

Luckily, the tower from the west will hardly, if ever, get blocked, from the west. From the Gardiner, looking east, I can guarantee that this will never be blocked. :rolleyes: :) ;)

IMG_1982.JPG
IMG_2219.JPG
IMG_2633.JPG
IMG_2670.JPG
IMG_2944.JPG
IMG_2829.JPG
IMG_2838.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2829.JPG
    IMG_2829.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,949
  • IMG_2838.JPG