Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

So are they building the new south entrance to Union at the same time as Telus or after? In all the renders it looks integrated but they don't seem to be doing anything there...

April 24, 2008

tel3.jpg

tel2.jpg

tel4.jpg

tel1.jpg

In terms of progress this is almost as bad as Murano was (early days). Are they doing one floor per month or something? Why is this one taking so long to rise??

This one is slow, and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it start first out of the three office towers now u/c?

In terms of progress this is almost as bad as Murano was (early days). Are they doing one floor per month or something? Why is this one taking so long to rise??

I wonder if the piping in of concrete, instead of making it onsite, is slowing it down?

I think it's because they're using concrete instead of steel. RBC is concrete, too, but that project is using high-tech self-rising forms from Germany. Telus doesn't appear to have those. They're building this the old-fashioned way.

This one is exciting to me because not only is it going to be one cool-looking tower, it will alter the skyline (from the lake) in a way that is far more powerful and noticeable than RBC or B-A Centre.

It will be so different in downtown TO sightlines once this tower goes up... :D

Once the MLS towers go up, plus the York St. crowd, you won't see much of this tower unless you're standing right next to it... Construction is ridiculously slow, that's true. I had a look at the site last night when I was at the basketball game, and it didn't look much different than the last time I was there, back in January.

Back