Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

^ no need to preach to the choir. I lived just east of this site for years and years for the obvious benefits of being close to transit, my work, etc.

- Architectural variety would add something to this project.
- Condos, they're ok, but we're getting a plethora of them. Other land uses exist. Yonge St. has to be an entertainment / tourism mecca too.

^ no need to preach to the choir. I lived just east of this site for years and years for the obvious benefits of being close to transit, my work, etc.

- Architectural variety would add something to this project.
- Condos, they're ok, but we're getting a plethora of them. Other land uses exist. Yonge St. has to be an entertainment / tourism mecca too.

Soon everyone living downtown will need cars to go outside of the core for their entertainment.

on the plus side, isn't it encouraging that more people want to live downtown vs. the suburbs? I agree the towers are uninspiring, but still 100X better than the current blighted "retail".My hope is that with the vast number of new residents, retail along Yonge will improve (not sure likely by looking at Bay st).

Plus, There is nothing touristy or entertainment about Yonge above Dundas st. Mostly tacky and overpriced restaurants (most are horrible) and shops. The only thing I like there is the Elliot Bookstore near Wellesley.

Soon everyone living downtown will need cars to go outside of the core for their entertainment.

I don't understand it here: are any of the towers replacing originally interesting entertainment facilities? let it be Aura, or L, 501 Yonge, Massey or YC?

The shorter 22 storey tower on the north of the block looks interesting, itd be nice to see some more images of it. I imagine it'd be a higher caliber version of their new Regent Park proposal. I think aA deserves credit for proposing 2 different towers atop a podium, this could have easily been a Murano repeat.

501 Yonge 3.jpg
501 Yonge 4.jpg
501 yonge 5.jpg
501 yonge 6.jpg
501 yonge 7.jpg
501 yonge 8.jpg

Attachments

• 501 Yonge 3.jpg
    501 Yonge 3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 4,555
  • 501 Yonge 4.jpg
    501 Yonge 4.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 2,510
  • 501 yonge 5.jpg
    501 yonge 5.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 2,467
  • 501 yonge 6.jpg
    501 yonge 6.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2,451
  • 501 yonge 7.jpg
    501 yonge 7.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,480
  • 501 yonge 8.jpg
    501 yonge 8.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,467
I don't understand why setbacks aren't required on all sides. This is going to feel huge on the Alexander side.

Back