Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

The City should make it illegal to remove any floor numbers. Emergency services, particularly fire, have been asking for it.

I agree. If a certain set of people have issues with that floor number, they can skip that and buy from other floors. There are tons of other people who don't have issues with those numbers and who will be happy to buy those floors. If we start catering to everyone's superstitions, we will probably be left with floor numbers in a Fibonacci sequence.

I agree. If a certain set of people have issues with that floor number, they can skip that and buy from other floors. There are tons of other people who don't have issues with those numbers and who will be happy to buy those floors. If we start catering to everyone's superstitions, we will probably be left with floor numbers in a Fibonacci sequence.
Brad Lamb has said that he has no trouble selling suites on any floor, no matter the number.

Brad Lamb has said that he has no trouble selling suites on any floor, no matter the number.

But then he's not really selling buildings to the audience that have an issue with the #4.

He's selling to whomever wants to buy in his buildings, and it hasn't stopped there from being a good number of people of Asian descent in them, nor left the 13th storey of Westerners.

I fear this may be somewhat off topic but I have sometimes wondered how widespread the superstition about thirteen actually is in the west. Though now a senior citizen myself, I have in the course of my life only met one person and heard authoritatively of another who took it seriously. Neither would sit down at a table of thirteen persons. Interestingly enough both were Irish grandmothers born in the 19th century. I am sure UTers can add other anecdotal notes but I do wonder how many such people are still with us.

I think it would not cause much trouble to bring back thirteenth floors!

I fear this may be somewhat off topic but I have sometimes wondered how widespread the superstition about thirteen actually is in the west. Though now a senior citizen myself, I have in the course of my life only met one person and heard authoritatively of another who took it seriously. Neither would sit down at a table of thirteen persons. Interestingly enough both were Irish grandmothers born in the 19th century. I am sure UTers can add other anecdotal notes but I do wonder how many such people are still with us.

I think it would not cause much trouble to bring back thirteenth floors!
Haha, i'm of Portuguese decent and i can tell you that 13 is one of their favorite numbers

Crane #2 of 4? going up this morning.
Sealing the floor deck?
Thick concrete base, on top of thick concrete base and top of thin concrete floor. Interesting.
F1C2ED92-235A-4238-81F4-AFBAA64D6289.jpeg
DC8A1D32-11FF-4B27-A816-F8394A1F33A3.jpeg
F34145FB-CD4D-4EA6-9880-FFACD09A0F85.jpeg

Is it numbered 53 or actual 53? I bought above the 70th numbered floor (because no 4's in the numbers on the elevator buttons/doors, the actual is about 10 below that). I think Phase 2 will be going in southwest of Phase 1? So depending on which way you face in these buildings, you have to be very high up to guarantee a view. Due south sounds good. I wouldn't worry about the Redpath situation. Everything is a gamble in the end but I agree that Redpath seems determined to stick around.

Suite number starts with 53, it's South East facing. I'm not sure if that means actual 53 or not. It is the "waterfall" floor plan. As people of already mentioned everything is up in the air with what may or may not show up in place of the Redpath factory. I just hope that whatever does, doesn't block the view of the lake. One can only hope I guess

Toronto’s Sugar Wharf topped 2018 sales
Located in the East Bayfront at the northeast corner of Queens Quay East and Freeland Street, Sugar Wharf will be the largest mixed-use development on the Toronto waterfront, home to 7,500 residents and 4,000 office workers, noted a recent statement.

Sugar Wharf will extend over 11.5 acres and will include luxury residences, offices, restaurants and shops and Toronto’s first vertically integrated school.

The sales status, reflecting the most units sold last year, came from data recently released by Altus Group.

The residential component of the community, designed by architectsAlliance, will include five condominium towers, varying in height from 64 to 90 storeys, and a mid-rise rental building. In summer 2018, Menkes launched the first two residential towers and sold 1,241 condo units out of a total of 1,463 units, the release noted.

The Sugar Wharf community officially broke ground in January of last year with the first phase of the project, 100 Queens Quay East, a 25-storey office tower, featuring approximately 690,000 square feet of Class AAA space.

Back