Toronto Station Place | 134.72m | 40s | First Capital | Diamond Schmitt

Sept 06
The tower is about to loose its tower crane as the jib is setup to take it down. Shot this on my way in and have more on my way out, but 740 down the list. You will never find me buying in Fram Boy as it's over price.
50313294433_8716361b88_b.jpg

Sept 06
The tower is about to loose its tower crane as the jib is setup to take it down. Shot this on my way in and have more on my way out, but 740 down the list. You will never find me buying in Fram Boy as it's over price.
You're telling me you dont want to buy a pint of wild canadian blueberries for $7.99!?

Where will pedestrians be able to cross the street on Aukland from the new Viking/Aukland pathway so they can access TTC and Mississauga MiWay/GO safely?

The newly built curbs and sidewalks don't give any hint how this will occur? Also, I can't find any renderings online that point out a plan for safe pedestrian access?

Edit:

Also can't see how vehicles will safely enter and exit this building without some form of permanent traffic lights? The current traffic lights on Aukland are only temporary as was stated to me by the installation workers.

Edit:

Those traffic lights may be permanent after all but I guess we will soon see if true or not lol! The placement wouldn't make sense...

Thanks

Last edited:
anyone know when they are starting to rent them out?
I was told by 2 different on site workers that the building will be completed June 2021. Don't know if that also means they can start occupying in June...

Last edited:
Where will pedestrians be able to cross the street on Aukland from the new Viking/Aukland pathway so they can access TTC and Mississauga MiWay/GO safely?

The newly built curbs and sidewalks don't give any hint how this will occur? Also, I can't find any renderings online that point out a plan for safe pedestrian access?

Edit:

Also can't see how vehicles will safely enter and exit this building without some form of permanent traffic lights? The current traffic lights on Aukland are only temporary as was stated to me by the installation workers.

Edit:

Those traffic lights may be permanent after all but I guess we will soon see if true or not lol! The placement wouldn't make sense...

Thanks
We will see soon enough.

Have a little trust in the process. A lot of smart people influence a file like this.

There's something about this building… and that something is that while the tower is clad with cheap window wall that alternates "vision glass" (awful term for 'window') with spandrel panels, at least it makes a virtue of the spandrels with the consistent checkerboard application of them: it's actually got some integrity in that regard. The upshot is, however, that it's still ugly. All those mullions at waist height add so much clutter as to devalue the thought that went into the black-and-white alternating spandrels. I'm glad they made an attempt to overcome the limitations of the materials, but they are inherently doomed by the clutter of the mullions.

There's something about this building… and that something is that while the tower is clad with cheap window wall that alternates "vision glass" (awful term for 'window') with spandrel panels, at least it makes a virtue of the spandrels with the consistent checkerboard application of them: it's actually got some integrity in that regard. The upshot is, however, that it's still ugly. All those mullions at waist height add so much clutter as to devalue the thought that went into the black-and-white alternating spandrels. I'm glad they made an attempt to overcome the limitations of the materials, but they are inherently doomed by the clutter of the mullions.

All that, yes, and the podium and ground plane are just utter dog poop.

Back