Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

This website looks futuristic now!

Great progress on cladding... the sight of those granite pillars are sweet!... also glad to see cladding coming on the other sides!

great updates too!

One of the latest concepts involves an iced/chilled vodka bar...

You mean the walk-in freezer style, with the parkas and the ice sculptures? It would actually probably do quite well, and would be totally distinct from the other vodka bars around town

Somehow they've managed to design a new building that looks like it's suffered its own facedectomy.

Haha! It's true. It's a quotation of a quotation. If this sets a trend, future generations are going to think facedectomies were just an idiosyncratic style, and not a ham-fisted way to preserve history.

^ I suppose that's true, though you can lop off the cedille on the c because 'facade' is also a perfectly good English word.

I don't write café as cafe, or naïve as naive. I know it's perfectly acceptable to do so, but I like to retain the French accents because they're there for a reason, to tell you how to pronounce the word.

Unfortunately, the model suites no longer exist. The model suites were built in a warehouse on the north side of town and as of two weeks ago are being dismantled. However, I've added a few photos we've had taken over the past few months and you can see them on our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/trumptoronto

Cheers!

Between you're link and the article posted (http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/decor/article/750478--model-of-design-trump-s-tricks)

The rooms look stunning. Very glam, chic, and sophisticated, yet inviting. Between all of the new luxury hotels coming in the next few years, Toronto will get a huge swank factor.

Will the hotel/condo have a regular restaurant (signature)? If so, what kind and where it be located? Hopefully the sky lobby is open to all (I think the RC will have one, but close just to residences).

Also, I've read that the ground floor will some retail space. Is that true?

Also, did someone say the Park Hyatt is going to be renovated?

Recent pics

4298251963_4a6c264ed0_b.jpg

4298254113_5cf49c4522_b.jpg

4298998476_0bf353928a_b.jpg

4298255359_3b845ccc62_b.jpg

4299002404_ab1093691d_b.jpg

I don't write café as cafe, or naïve as naive. I know it's perfectly acceptable to do so, but I like to retain the French accents because they're there for a reason, to tell you how to pronounce the word.

Hmm. I think the accents on those words are used fairly often. But you almost never see the 'ç' in English, do you? Though I take your point about pronunciation. (I remember a med-school-bound friend once looking at a false-front building and declaring, "It's a fuck-aid!")

Those vents for the parking garage are hideous, but at least not too noticeable.

Will they be using the stages for cladding construction the whole way up the building? Or is this just for the granite portion?

superb updates :)

The cladding impact on the street wall is FANTASTIC!!! i'm really loving it...

And on the east side, the cladding really does cover up that plain concrete with few windows...

Hmm. I think the accents on those words are used fairly often. But you almost never see the 'ç' in English, do you? Though I take your point about pronunciation. (I remember a med-school-bound friend once looking at a false-front building and declaring, "It's a fuck-aid!")

Was he saying "fuck-aid" as a joke or did he actually not know the correct pronunciation? I hope you corrected him!

Back on topic, when you say it, Trump does strike me as having a Bay-Adelaide feel to it.

Back on topic, when you say it, Trump does strike me as having a Bay-Adelaide feel to it.

Yes, i agree... i think its because Trump has a blend of old and new to it!.. it uses both glass and granite at the base (like the bricks at the base of Bay Adelaide Centre.) but as you move higher up in the building, only glass is used :)

Back