Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Saturday

trumpjan1.jpg

You can see them in that photo.

Now I see the East wall of Trump I am disappointed they didn't include faux windows with LED lighting behind, to give this wall more life. I realize it abuts Scotia Plaza but it is still prominent at street level. The deadness of the (difficult to install: a nod of appreciation to 721irnwrkr)) vents, only adds to the awareness that this is only a parking structure.

Now I see the East wall of Trump I am disappointed they didn't include faux windows with LED lighting behind, to give this wall more life. I realize it abuts Scotia Plaza but it is still prominent at street level. The deadness of the (difficult to install: a nod of appreciation to 721irnwrkr)) vents, only adds to the awareness that this is only a parking structure.

Yes, the vents do need to go somewhere but there is no real point in installing numerous panels of glass on the side of the building where it will attract the least attention...

As we move higher up, there will be more setbacks and it will be slightly more further away from Scotia plaza so they will use glass for the residences/ hotel...

That space between Scotia Plaza and Trump is gonna be a really cool alleyway!... density in its purest form!!!

Jan 23 Visited

Once they get the north travel bar up, things age going to speed up to get all 3 sides to the same level.
IMG_jan-23-10-0236.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0237.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0235.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0239.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0243.jpg

The cladding isn't bad, but it's dated. It looks like the base of one of those PoMo towers they built in Chicago in the late 80s. I'm pretty ambivalent about the cladding because it's a fairly conservative design (no blue crystals, for example) and the materials they use seem to be of high quality.

Yes, I agree. Vents at the south end of the east wall, not the north end, or only on the south side of the structure, once again at the east end, would have been more appropriate.

Yes, thank You. This is what I meant as well. Of course the vents have to go somewhere! What an obtuse comment condovo had to make. I was only arguing that they could have been less prominently placed.

Last edited:
The cladding isn't bad, but it's dated. It looks like the base of one of those PoMo towers they built in Chicago in the late 80s. I'm pretty ambivalent about the cladding because it's a fairly conservative design (no blue crystals, for example) and the materials they use seem to be of high quality.

Dated or not, it looks a helluva lot better than the cladding that most Toronto towers get. I think it looks great so far... a step above the usual fare...

Back