Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

That's interesting. It had never occurred to me that hotels might also do model suites to see how the interior finishes will look, but it makes perfect sense given the size and scope of the project. I wonder if it's at all possible to get in there to have a look (I'm sure I'll never actually have cause or resource to stay at all these new luxury hotels, so I wouldn't mind to have a peek)

that was an interesting and fun article! I'm all excited now and I'll likely never set foot inside Trump if all they have is caviar and champagne! (although I have been in Trump's 5th Ave location in Manhattan which is a bit of a tourist attraction and has a food court, and... the Trump Bar!)

3722909691_949ec2eaf9.jpg

Toronto looks like NYC in those pics! (Esp. the first one - feels like its taken from Rockefeller Centre!)

Is that the Sheraton Centre to the right in those photos?

very cool shots!! ^^^

Toronto does look like NYC in a sense... with the city so close to a skating rink with trees, etc...

like a shot from central park!

Panels going up on the east

Panels are going up on the east side on Wed and they have the same sit up as Bay. The north system should be in place by the weekend.
IMG_jan-20-10-0069.jpg

IMG_jan-20-10-0071.jpg

IMG_jan-20-10-0072.jpg

IMG_jan-20-10-0074.jpg

IMG_jan-20-10-0079.jpg

Wow, some real progress on the cladding. I really love it. Can't wait to see the first few floors covered on all sides.

On Tuesday the floor for the east side of the floor was poured. Hand built forms (no flying forms on this job other than standing panels for walls and columns, but trhese still have to be mated at each corner) have been fully erected on the west side and partly on the east side. It seems that they've fully picked up the pace again after the holidays.

That's interesting. It had never occurred to me that hotels might also do model suites to see how the interior finishes will look, but it makes perfect sense given the size and scope of the project. I wonder if it's at all possible to get in there to have a look (I'm sure I'll never actually have cause or resource to stay at all these new luxury hotels, so I wouldn't mind to have a peek)

Unfortunately, the model suites no longer exist. The model suites were built in a warehouse on the north side of town and as of two weeks ago are being dismantled. However, I've added a few photos we've had taken over the past few months and you can see them on our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/trumptoronto

Cheers!

that was an interesting and fun article! I'm all excited now and I'll likely never set foot inside Trump if all they have is caviar and champagne! (although I have been in Trump's 5th Ave location in Manhattan which is a bit of a tourist attraction and has a food court, and... the Trump Bar!)

3722909691_949ec2eaf9.jpg

Yes... "caviar and champagne" That's the interior designers inspiration.... While I'm sure it may be offerred, there will not be a dedicated caviar/champagne bar in the building. We all have our own interpretations of what we think the lobby bar on the corner should be. One of the latest concepts involves an iced/chilled vodka bar... Regardless, it's going to be a great space! The interior design is quite stunning. It's going to be a lot of fun watching the interior design of the property being constructed over the next year... I can't wait to see the lobby!

The panels/cladding look fantastic. I was hesitant about the colour originally but it just seems to work so well. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Back