Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Wow it looks incredible from that vantage point.
Anyone know if the first set back is intentionally at the exact height of BA centre? To me it makes them look very, very distantly related (at the top anyways).

Wow it looks incredible from that vantage point.
Anyone know if the first set back is intentionally at the exact height of BA centre? To me it makes them look very, very distantly related (at the top anyways).

Not sure if its intentional but it sure seems that way. the granite setbacks (or transfer to glass) seem to be at specific heights to reflect nearby buildings, so i can only assume that the same was done to reflect BAC

trump1.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
trump3.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry Steveve, my first post. Again Trump from TD 54th floor. From up there it looks incredibly tall and skinny

The top turned out terrible.. esp if they keep that Crowsnest/Spine along the 'dome'.
The only good view of Trump is on Adelaide looking East (as that way the gross mech box is hidden and all you see is the 1/4 Onion).

i think the mech box looks fine, and in fact, also acts as a setback leading up to the dome. i don't get why people are complaining. that's the way its always been, it's part of the original design.

trump looks good and fits right in :)

Someone please tell me they're not leaving the mech box clad in that horrendous material. Even a layer of glass, just something other than what looks like house wrapping!

Someone please tell me they're not leaving the mech box clad in that horrendous material. Even a layer of glass, just something other than what looks like house wrapping!

That material that you see is blueskin, and they are still in the process of building the framework on the 'box' to support the finished cladding, so no, that won't be what you see as the finished product.

Edward's post reminded me. Does anyone have a picture of what used to stand at this location, before the sales centre, and parking lot?

A small office building. Maybe 5 floors if I remember correctly. Was Woolworth Canada's headquarter until WalMart bought them and moved the HQ to Mississauga. It was demolished soon afterward.

Trump isn't perfect - far from it - but it isn't a disaster either. I think, in time, as it settles into the skyline and city fabric, some may even develop a liking to it, as I have from certain angles.

i think the mech box looks fine, and in fact, also acts as a setback leading up to the dome. i don't get why people are complaining. that's the way its always been, it's part of the original design.

People are not complaining. They are observing how crappy and clunky it looks.

I tried to go on their website to book a room. Every date I put in gave me sorry no rooms available. I tried different months, different days. Don't tell me it's booked solid already, is it?

Living in Trump with northerly facing windows, you won't have much privacy unless you have all of your blinds drawn... You are literally looking 15 feet across the street, right into an office building full of people, and they're looking right back at you... I'm surprised that people even bought those units. The view is just the Bay/Adelaide Centre, nothing else... it's quite intense, no?

Back