Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Thank you for reminding us that the Trump Tower also connects with design language traditions in Toronto, no matter how much we are told by some here that it all begins and ends with modern and neo-modern minimalism:

Trump adding a bit of the Gotham look to the skyline

trumpn15.jpg

Nov 15:
Existing sidewalks are been torn and should be replace by Nov 26, if not sooner.

Glass is up to the dome now.
6349926895_45ec9bc776_b.jpg

6350673528_cbffcc0f23_b.jpg

6350676590_1da784b357_b.jpg

6350677064_c5704e07d3_b.jpg

6350369059_ebf6eaa6fd_b.jpg

6351094038_5ee97f279e_b.jpg

10 days for new sidewalks? They aren't just pouring concrete slabs are they? I would've hoped for at least decorative paving, and maybe even something fancy like inlaid lighting. For such a high profile building they have such a minimal amount of public realm space to work with that I figured they'd go all out.

10 days for new sidewalks? They aren't just pouring concrete slabs are they? I would've hoped for at least decorative paving, and maybe even something fancy like inlaid lighting. For such a high profile building they have such a minimal amount of public realm space to work with that I figured they'd go all out.

BA center used granite.

The city of Toronto or the new Financial District BIA should come up with an ambitious plan for how the public realm will be improved on Bay Street, instead of seeing a completely mismatched public realm of different paving randomly changing every few metres. There's a lot of money poured into individualistic attempts at improvement that seems wasted. It would be better to pool it and come up with a beautiful public realm meeting international urban design standards for such a prominent street in Canada.

I can see the point of centralizing efforts, but at the same time I kind of like the mismatched aesthetic. I like that the big towers sort of spill out onto the sidewalks with their own distinct paving patterns.

I can see the point of centralizing efforts, but at the same time I kind of like the mismatched aesthetic. I like that the big towers sort of spill out onto the sidewalks with their own distinct paving patterns.

It's funny you mention that; We recently had a debate about this in the FCP thread :)

Back