Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

trumptoronto Do you know if there is a final decision on weather the the PATH will be connected to Trump? A few months back the GM was unsure if they wanted Trump connected to the PATH because the staff wouldn't be able to greet guests. What a ridiculous reason! Also Trump JR didn't think people even used the PATH.

The space for the Path was spec'd into the building design. However, it is not a large public connection like you see in the other commercial buildings in the area. The potential to connect it in the future at some time is a possibility.

If it ever does get connected, it would be a small discrete door much like National Club's, etc. It would most likely not be open to the general public and would only be accessible by guests and residents. It would certainly be nice to have, but with Bay-Adelaide across the street and Scotia connections right next door, it is not a necessity. Hopefully, one day, it will be connected. However, in order to make the connection, the city, Scotia and Talon would all have to come to agreement on how to make the connection and share in the cost.

And to Don's defense, unless you spend a great deal of time in Toronto (especially in the Winter), you would not really know just how well used the PATH is--mostly during M-F, business hours. It's pretty vacant in the evenings and weekends...

Yes. There will be signage on the sides of the mechanical section at the top of the building spelling out "TRUMP" And I know... I can already anticipate the responses :) Originally we were going to use the "T" globe logo of the Trump International Hotel & Tower logo. But, over time, the Trump Hotel Collection has moved away from the Globe logo and now mostly use a text only logo for the hotel. While I personally prefer the more discrete "T" globe up there, TRUMP would certainly be more visible and more obvious. There's not a whole lot of real estate up there to attach a logo.

Steveve please refrain from using Trump and orgasm in the same sentence or word. It gives bad visuals...

lol!! on second thought, you're right! kinda nasty to picture it,

and wait, so the TRUMP logo will be on all 4 sides of the mech box?. to me, it might look a bit awkward on the south-west side (from the TD Centre when you can see both logos)... might be a bit repetitive repetitive especially when you can see both and they're so close together,...

and wait, so the TRUMP logo will be on all 4 sides of the mech box?. to me, it might look a bit awkward on the south-west side (from the TD Centre when you can see both logos)... might be a bit repetitive repetitive especially when you can see both and they're so close together,...

Actually, the south side of the mechanical box is easily visible from King Street looking up Bay, and the logo will be quite prominent from that vantage point.

Actually, the south side of the mechanical box is easily visible from King Street looking up Bay, and the logo will be quite prominent from that vantage point.

???

OMG Trump tower in a GMC commercial!!!

[video=youtube;xafwcpJpvSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xafwcpJpvSU[/video]

Trump adding a bit of the Gotham look to the skyline

trumpn15.jpg

The space for the Path was spec'd into the building design. However, it is not a large public connection like you see in the other commercial buildings in the area. The potential to connect it in the future at some time is a possibility.

If it ever does get connected, it would be a small discrete door much like National Club's, etc. It would most likely not be open to the general public and would only be accessible by guests and residents. It would certainly be nice to have, but with Bay-Adelaide across the street and Scotia connections right next door, it is not a necessity. Hopefully, one day, it will be connected. However, in order to make the connection, the city, Scotia and Talon would all have to come to agreement on how to make the connection and share in the cost.

And to Don's defense, unless you spend a great deal of time in Toronto (especially in the Winter), you would not really know just how well used the PATH is--mostly during M-F, business hours. It's pretty vacant in the evenings and weekends...

Thanks trumptoronto!

Well I don't know what you mean by that.

Care to explain yourself, tough guy? I'm all ears.

LOL, sure...I think you might have misunderstood if you think it was a negative remark re: one's sexual orientation. It isn't as I also am gay.

My reference to Church & Wellesley was re: his more-often-than-not snappy tone in his posts, which I often see in the village (i.e. there are lots of people in the village with an attitude, relatively speaking).

How's that for an explanation from "tough guy"?

Well I don't know what you mean by that.

Care to explain yourself, tough guy? I'm all ears.

Ya, I don't get it either.

Edit: Oh I get it, but it was definitely not supposed to be taken that way. The way something is construed on the internet is sometimes because of the way it is read by the reader. It was just a fact. It's not finished, therefore it is hideous. Most things that are being constructed and unfinished don't look great.

LOL, sure...I think you might have misunderstood if you think it was a negative remark re: one's sexual orientation. It isn't as I also am gay.

My reference to Church & Wellesley was re: his more-often-than-not snappy tone in his posts, which I often see in the village (i.e. there are lots of people in the village with an attitude, relatively speaking).

How's that for an explanation from "tough guy"?

Much appreciated. :)

Back