Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Right now trump looks unbalanced due to the recent big setback, but what you can't see the 2nd layer of the setback.. When the tower goes up a few more floors, you'll start seeing the other piece.

It's hard to explain what i mean, but the setbacks are "layered up" which i think is kinda interesting. I still don't know why they decided to have a curved setback though... maybe to shift away the views to the east???

donaldtrumpintoronto_large.jpg

Nov 16 2010 update

Approaching Trump
Click to Enlarge

What do I see?
IMG_5118.jpg

Looks like the first strip of the feature lighting @ the corner has been installed
IMG_5119.jpg

Is this where the Sky Lobby will be?
IMG_5120.jpg

Nice, I didn't realize it was going to be lit up at the corner. Why isn't this building listed on Emporis- anybody know? Is it because the final height is a secret?

Is it me?, or did they remove a bit of the hoarding at ground level to begin cladding at the base of the structure (prominent on the west side).

They have installed another floor of the glass curtainwall cladding on the Trump Tower, I noticed this as I walked by the Shangri La Tower this morning. This is a sharp tower.. and very amazing that there are still twenty floors that have to be poured before this topsout.

Once it's topped out and clad, we'll be able to see the glass and granite facades fuse together and the sum of the various setbacks. The building has such a varied facade that it's really a wait until the end to judge it. It's not like an ordinary new modernist tower, where once you see the first few floors of curtainwall, you can easily imagine what the rest of it will look like and the only surprise is whether or not the roof level compliments or cheapens the tower, for instance with a cheaply-clad mechanical box, the only distinguishing feature of the minimalist design.

I'm confused why part of the lantern section (corner section of the tower) has some dis-coloured panels which seem to belong to the shinier glass used for the rest of the facade. weird...
And i'm hoping the onion dome will look good.

Back