Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

pic by HarleyJuice over at SSC, taken from the scaffolding at the FCP recladding site....

5159741813_6b6f2f41e9_b.jpg

Here is some of Mr. Stinson's acomplishments and faliures

Projects:

1 King West (Completed)
High Park Lofts (Completed)
Sapphire Tower (Cancelled, sold for $24m. early 2008)
The Connaught Towers (Cancelled 100-storey tower for downtown Hamilton, Ontario)
The Hamilton Grand (Moving forward Main St. & John St. Hamilton, Ontario)
Stinson School Lofts (Anticipated completion date of June 2011)

Automation - some of us have a little more inside knowledge about the inner workings of the projects you've listed and I'd hardly call "completed" equaling success or an acomplishment. Although it's nice to see him get beyond attempting projects like Sapphire that he had no business attempting and moving onto smaller niche infill projects that suit his hands on approach better.

Last edited:
Regarding Sapphire being a success or not, we will never know...I just think he was not given a fair shake by a lot of individuals here in Toronto. Anyways back to the Trump tower, is it safe to say they have reached the 40th floor.

thats a really great shot of trump! fresh new perspective!
You guys have to appreciate how awesome these floorplanes are looking... From this angle you really can feel what the views are gonna be like! One of my favorite parts is the super-high-celing restaurant portion! It looks like it could be almost like the 16 restaurant at trump chicago offering one-of-a-kind views of the city! (in this case Bay/King!).. will there be tables part of the restaurant on the balcony? or is it too small?

Wooh look how close Trump is to SB and BAC. Those condo owners will have fantastic views of the officer workers :D

Would others agree that this design is sort of a throw-back to 80s post-modernism? I kind of like it.

For a building in such a prominent location, and soon to become one of the tallest in the country, it's a shame how very ugly it is.

I like it, too. But I also hear quite a bit around Scotia Plaza that people think it's ugly. Not sure why. I don't think you can judge it yet, because the top is going to balance out the bottom nicely. Plus when the lobby is done and it meets the street well, and all the windows are cleaned, it's going to look really nice.

I'm not really digging that creamy green clad though, we'll see how it looks when it's fully complete.

Back