Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

trump looks real sexy! looks good lit up at night! the led strip running up the side of the building should be a nice touch.

That last pic is great! The more BA is eclipsed the better as far as I'm concerned, they don't build towers anymore bland or generic than this one.

and theres probably going to be 2 more of them! :D (ba north and ba east) i find them to be kind of nice infill buildings. as much as i don't want to be one of the people who has that "well its better than nothing and this is toronto" additudes. the developers only have a limited ammount of cash to spend on exteriors especially for a complex as big as bay adelaide and although it would almost be better if one really nice expensive tower was built. developers want to maximize the ammount of $$ coming into there pockets so if they can build cheaper then in there opinion (they're not building it for the looks) then why not?

I'm confused why part of the lantern section (corner section of the tower) has some dis-coloured panels which seem to belong to the shinier glass used for the rest of the facade. weird...
And i'm hoping the onion dome will look good.

What are you talking about? The lantern isn't even started yet.

You might not of noticed this, but thats ok, I'll bring you up to speed.

Steveve-o is talking about the two distinct coloured sections of curtainwall glass on the Trump Tower. One section of glass, is light coloured and is covering the majority of the structure. The second section of glass is darker, and only coverd the corner of the tower that leads up to the lantern. The glass in this section seems to have been installed incorrectly, and will likely be fixed before or when the tower is finished.

exactly caltrane ^^^
Maybe it is intentional though... especially since its in/around the skylobby section. i dunno. we see when they install cladding on the levels to follow.

And the completion of the Bay Adelaide Centre will be nice on our skyline and will do wonders in extending our CBD skyline, however, having 2 more of these towers is a bit of a drag. i don't want another Toronto Dominion Centre.

You might not of noticed this, but thats ok, I'll bring you up to speed.

Steveve-o is talking about the two distinct coloured sections of curtainwall glass on the Trump Tower. One section of glass, is light coloured and is covering the majority of the structure. The second section of glass is darker, and only coverd the corner of the tower that leads up to the lantern. The glass in this section seems to have been installed incorrectly, and will likely be fixed before or when the tower is finished.

I don't see it. All I see are shadows making some glass look darker.

sany0215.jpg

Here is a picture by me. You can see the disjointed glass at the upper levels of the cladding.

The glass was installed incorrectly, probably will be fixed when the tower is near completion.

I hope it'll be fixed. The standards in Toronto, even among the affluent elite, are sometimes surprisingly low when it comes to finishing details. From the cladding on the ROM to the way the granite on Bloor's sidewalks doesn't always come up to the doors of properties, better attention to detail is needed.

I hope it'll be fixed. The standards in Toronto, even among the affluent elite, are sometimes surprisingly low when it comes to finishing details. From the cladding on the ROM to the way the granite on Bloor's sidewalks doesn't always come up to the doors of properties, better attention to detail is needed.

Thank you for stating this! I completely agree with this and was afraid of posting a comment like this in fear of retaliation by some of the forumers. This is why Toronto still has a lot of growing up to do (although it has gotten better). The east wall of Trump tower, the unfinished rooftop of Success I, the incongruent spacing of the panels at Yonge - Dundas square (at the edges of the large curvy screen), and what I fear, some deficiency will eventually show up in the renovations of the Eaton Centre, are all examples. :(

my longest running pet peeve is the 2 missing antennas from the rooftop of Bay Wellington Tower. The design looks so incomplete and somewhat ridiculous without them. I say this both from my own design sense as well as the fact that renderings showed short antennas/spires.

Back