Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Pics from the NE today

IMG_1875.jpg
IMG_1877.jpg

Trump and FCP from the NE

Attachments

• IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1877.jpg
    IMG_1877.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 290
I like it, too. But I also hear quite a bit around Scotia Plaza that people think it's ugly. Not sure why. I don't think you can judge it yet, because the top is going to balance out the bottom nicely. Plus when the lobby is done and it meets the street well, and all the windows are cleaned, it's going to look really nice.

word! the fins and led lighting are gonna have a nice street presence and when the granite meets the pavement it should look as if this tower is growing outa the ground!
this tower is gonna look massive as seen in yonderbean's shot! it's still hard imagining this tower is still growing. the spire is gonna top scotia.
I think this is a great addition/new tower to the cbd!

Great day to be in town ^^^
I like that 2nd shot. It's weird how dramatic the effect of the setback has when viewed from the ground. Since you can't see how the setback curves and eventually disappears on the south side, the tower will look crazy skinny from bay and adelaide. weird effect. :D

The South facing KPMG sign is so glaringly bright reflecting off the Trump weather-wall and they are not even at the top yet. There is no way the owners at Trump will tolerate this for one minute when they move in.

The Sutton Place used to have lighted signs on all four sides until the late 90's, when more condos were built. I think KPMG will have to turn this thing off.

The South facing KPMG sign is so glaringly bright reflecting off the Trump weather-wall and they are not even at the top yet. There is no way the owners at Trump will tolerate this for one minute when they move in.

The Sutton Place used to have lighted signs on all four sides until the late 90's, when more condos were built. I think KPMG will have to turn this thing off.

I'm sure it isn't so bad once you're inside... but yes, it can be bothersome for residents (especially the ones that will be eye-level with it!). It's sorta similar with the Ritz/RBC (though they're positioned a bit further apart).

They won't completely black it out, but they might dim it to the right amount (me personally, i'd actually want the logo as part of my view, but not to the point where it's bothersome.. just lit up the right amount).

I like Caltrane's first shot! Bay street-wall complete! Commerce Court + Trump + Bay Adelaide = awesomeness the way the line up with the street! nice to see all the different patters/textures/styles of architecture here! :D

We can only pray that the reflected glory of the wonderful lobby art in Bay Adelaide similarly enlivens the dead-eyed parking garage floors that are Trump's gift to our streetscape.

Back