Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

It's just a bit dowdy and out-of-date. Which, I imagine, will be the profile of its residents.

Perhaps, but unlike us they were able to purchase a muti-million dollar condo.

Its just like the sports car scenario. We all picture beautiful young people driving gorgeous new Maseratis, or Jags or Ferraris when in reality the only people who have generated enough wealth to buy one - are people over 50 - well over fifty.

with the obvious exception being overpaid sports stars.

Perhaps, but unlike us they were able to purchase a muti-million dollar condo.

Its just like the sports car scenario. We all picture beautiful young people driving gorgeous new Maseratis, or Jags or Ferraris when in reality the only people who have generated enough wealth to buy one - are people over 50 - well over fifty.

with the obvious exception being overpaid sports stars.

And trust fund babies.

And of course, we mustn't forget the inverse: how Cadillacs have gone from being a "well over 50" taste to a hip-hop gangsta taste...

thedeepend

I do like that art deco building you posted; very much so. That subtle green is fine with me. What makes me quiver is that green paneling that is above and below each window. I mean, what the hell is that? You know, that goddam green slab of glass with some exotic 'greeness' jammed underneath. It's such a lazy move in my opinion. A slab of glass here, a slab of granite here an a slab of green there. A lot of towers lately are covered in this green, glasstic, greeness.

The entire tower is ugly if you ask me. From the turquoise/teal hue to the cringeworthy post-modern pastiche of cheap materials, I just don't like this thing.

Is it me, or is the use of teal/turquoise/green just getting a little too ubiquitous in the downtown core? Are developers really this myopic to build a sea foam green colony of towers? They'll obviously look horrifically dated within a decade.

I'm not thrilled by the turquoise either. I might have been more receptive to it had the lower floors been clad in a more interesting material, but that didn't come to pass either. Trump makes me appreciate the clean lines of the also new Bay-Adelaide tower all that much more.

I completely agree with comments regarding the east wall. It's simply mean to stick up faux-filled window openings on a new building.

Imagine how much nicer the green cladding would look, if the building had been a darker granite as shown in some renders? It would look amazing I think.

by me

sany2249.jpg

Anyone know an approximate floor count? we've got to be at least 33 floors up by now :).

This thing can be brutal to watch going up. you will really only notice a big jump after every 5 floors, but you hardly notice it because it takes so long to get there :D! (but thats with most buildings too)

Anyone know an approximate floor count? we've got to be at least 33 floors up by now :).

This thing can be brutal to watch going up. you will really only notice a big jump after every 5 floors, but you hardly notice it because it takes so long to get there :D! (but thats with most buildings too)

Trump is still finishing the mid-rise mechanical floor, which is considered level 34. Way back in the thread somewhere someone who works on the site said it would be 6 weeks for each of the last three floors before the residential floors start,

That's why it has been slow going for the last few months. The cladding crew has steadily caught up to the construction crew, But things should move more quickly soon.

:)

Going back to caltrane's shot, i couldn't help but notice (the 2nd time around) how HUGE scotia plaza is compared to trump. You see so much of scotia in that shot, then you look at trump! its awesome. i'm dying to see the interiors of this building when its complete... is there anyone on these threads who has purchased a unit?

I give that building with the flag on top 25 years before it's redeveloped into something taller. Running out of land for new office buildings some folks say? Nonsense--buildings can come down for taller buildings in the future.

good idea urbandreamer but it'd be cool if they slice the top off in 10 years and add 20 more floors aswell :D

Back