Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Re: Re: Trump

I can't decide which announcement I'm looking forward to most- Harry's on November 27 or Trump's on Dec 16. It will be great to see something kick-ass go up for a change. I'm getting bored of these gutless Toronto style boxes. TO needs more buck rogers and less dudley doright

All the more pity that both Stinson and Trump have been showing about the same amount of competence we've come to expect from the RCMP lately.

Trump is about to begin, I have no doubt. Celebrate and Praise "THE DONALD"

Let us celebrate.

Re: Re: Trump

I was in Chicago yesterday touring the Merchandise Mart (the lies you need to spin to get around there are something else) which is a massive old building.

Anyway, about 10 floors of the Trump Tower are clad, and the quality looks sort of mediocre at best, although its hard to tell at such an early stage. If anything the building impact will be derived only from its sheer scale and massing. The quality problem is unfortunate because Wacker Avenue (and across the river) is the best architectural strech in America.

Ha sanyone else seen the window trim?

^I actually really liked the facade but am perplexed as to what will happen to the 10 storey circular parkade ramp sticking out of one side of the building

Trump's credibility wrt to this project is approaching Harry's levels.

That's a stretch. Trump still has much more credibility than Stinson.

Trump isn't a big part of this project anyways, name aside.

Trump isn't a big part of this project anyways, name aside.

That's just speculation on this forum. The truth is that his involvement in this project has not been publicly revealed.

I was under the impression that Trump's level of involvement had been revealed through newspaper articles posted here?

That's just speculation on this forum. The truth is that his involvement in this project has not been publicly revealed.

Alex Shnaider is the money behind the project. Trump is the public name behind the project and his company will manage the hotel.

Exactly MikeinTO. This was revealed in a Toronto Star article (I think it was the Star) quite a while ago.

That's pretty much how Trump operates with all of the projects that bear his name.

I've been saying this all along - the basic structure of the Toronto deal is no different from any other deal he's done.

Here it is, folks:

Groundbreaking for Trump tower set for spring
SYDNIA YU

From Friday's Globe and Mail

With about 70 per cent of the suites in the Trump International Hotel and Tower already sold, groundbreaking at the site in Toronto's financial district is scheduled for spring, with construction expected to start in the summer. "There's no turning back," says Barry Landsberg, Toronto director of marketing for Trump International, a joint venture between property tycoon Donald Trump and Talon International Development Inc.

It is expected that the luxury hotel/condominium — Mr. Trump's first development in Canada — will be completed in 2010.

When completed, the 70-storey tower at 325 Bay St. will be the tallest residential building in Canada. It will contain a five-star hotel with 291 suites and, above them, 147 luxury condominium units.

Plans for the residential suites range from one to three levels and measure 1,299 to 7,375 square feet; the average price is between $2-million and $3-million.

For frequent travellers, hotel suites can also be purchased, starting at $784,000 for a 574-square-foot studio. These rooms will be fully furnished and eligible for inclusion in the hotel's rental program when vacant. "You own that suite outright, so you earn all the revenue from that suite," Mr. Landsberg explains, minus administration and operating fees. "If it's rented out for $650, you may earn $500 of that."

As for amenities, the set-up will be similar to that of the Trump International Hotel and Tower in New York, which is Mr. Trump's flagship development.

"[The Trump Organization] has that experience in managing that Manhattan lifestyle living, and that's what they'll bring to the development [in Toronto]," Mr. Landsberg says, adding: "[Purchasers] like the availability of all the services and amenities of the hotel."

For example, facilities in Toronto will be oriented toward business people. There will be a high-tech business centre with meeting rooms, as well as restaurants, a bar and an 18,000-square-foot health club and spa, complete with a gym and pool.

Residents also will have access to hotel services such as housekeeping and valet parking, as well as exclusive use of two chauffeured, S-class Mercedes.

The site is close to many urban attractions, such up-scale restaurants, theatres and major concert and sports venues. "It's all within walking distance, and much of [the walking is] underground ... through the PATH system," Mr. Landsberg says.

"There's a level of discretion and intimacy in the building," he continues, pointing out that there will be two to six residential units on each floor, separate service entrances for some suites, and private elevator access from the Sky Lobby on the 33rd floor.

"Whether you're in a 6,000-square-foot suite or 1,300-square foot suite, we've maintained the 10-foot-plus ceiling heights and the same quality of fixtures and finishes," he adds.

They include hardwood and natural stone materials, and coffered ceilings in some areas. There will be stainless-steel appliances and electric fireplaces.

Most plans include formal living and dining rooms, and eat-in kitchens with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the city and lake. Some models have terraces, libraries or gallery-style foyers, and penthouse units have great rooms.

I immediately looked out the window after reading this and sure enough, a flock of pigs flew right by my window.

The pigs will fly only after construction starts. Until then, they are simply waiting on the runway...and they have been waiting a long long time.

We have seen "scheduled" dates come and go. The project was suppose to start some time ago and now the start date is not really until next summer. There is no flying pork quite yet.

Back