Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Re: Trump

1. Nobody makes an announcement on a Saturday.

Actually Saturday is quite a busy time for homes/condos if your announcement is advertising-based rather than editorial. Mind you it would have to be very creative to cut through the pre-Xmas retail ad clutter, that's for sure.

"Maybe some kind of milestone... if they are at about $230 million in sales maybe it'll be a splashy $250 million in sales announcement to generate a bit of press."

I don't know...$250 million has been kind of 'meh' to me ever since the Rangers paid over a quarter of a billion dollars for A-Rod.

a-rod plays baseball for the new york yankees^but i do agree
a quarter bill is too much.maybe he bought some units in tt.

A-Rod does play for the Yanks but it was the Rangers who signed him to the monster contract.

Best heckle I ever heard came from the guys sitting alone in the nosebleeds at SkyDome, midway through a dull 6th inning: "I DISLIKE THIS SPORT!"

Reading the NY Times online tonight, and lookee what popped up:

trumpad.jpg

Funny thing about this is that it was clearly targeted at Canadian browsers - notice the currency. Guess they're still trying to sell to Torontonians. (Web servers know - or think they know - where you're viewing from, and online advertisers can target ads at certain regions. The ad above this one was for Aeroplan. Kind of an interesting trend, in its own way: domestic advertisers placing ads in foreign outlets for domestic audiences.)

Anyway. Pre-construction ends soon, as, presumably, will the world.

SNF: you made me laugh out loud at work. A bunch of quiet, introverted cartographers were startled.

42, where were you? I was beginning to wonder where your ezBoard-supporting self had gotten to.

Please apologise to the cartographers on my behalf. I hope I didn't cause any squiggles on their maps.

aside: looking at that ad again, I just noticed that the words "very special" are in italics. Is that a euphemism for something?

I plan on purchasing the penthouse once I move out of my parent's place.

SNF: I was off in Miami for a bit, taking pictures of alternately cool and goofy new condos, their amusing little Metromover, the art deco hotels of South Beach, and those fabulous italianate gardens at Vizcaya. When I got back, work was busy busy, so I've not had so much time for the forum lately. It all means my posts for the next while will be more perfunctory than evah.

Thanks for noticing my deadbeat status - you have brightened my day.

Back