Mississauga Square One Expansions and Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

UNIQLO Canada Will Open Four New Stores in Fall 2018

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...n-four-new-stores-in-fall-2018-684704101.html

TORONTO, June 6, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - UNIQLO, the global casual apparel retailer, today announces the opening of four new Canadian stores in fall 2018, including three new stores in the Greater Toronto Area at Vaughan Mills, CF Markville and Square One Shopping Centre and one new store in the Greater Vancouver Area at Coquitlam Centre.

"We're happy to be bringing LifeWear, thoughtfully created to make everyday life better and more comfortable, to so many new people in Canada through the launch of four new UNIQLO stores," said Yasuhiro Hayashi, Chief Operating Officer of UNIQLO Canada. "After much demand from loyal customers we are especially excited to be opening new stores in Ontario for the first time since our Canadian launch in fall 2016."

The largest of the new UNIQLO stores to open in the GTA will be located at Vaughan Mills, with a sales floor of more than 20,000 square feet all on one floor. Both UNIQLO stores at CF Markville and Square One Shopping Centre will measure approximately 15,000 square feet and be located on one floor. These new stores will bring the total number of UNIQLO locations in Ontario to five. The newest and fourth UNIQLO store to open in British Columbia will be located in the Coquitlam Centre and will occupy more than 12,000 square feet of sales floor on level two.

Recognized for its innovative functional apparel and high-quality wardrobe staples, UNIQLO focuses on providing clothing made for everyone, everywhere. Product offerings at all four new stores will include the brand's signature collections including AIRism, HEATTECH, Cashmere and Ultra Light Down, along with premium Jeans and UT. Together these make up LifeWear – innovative, high-quality clothing that is universal in design and comfort.

The new stores will join all other UNIQLO Canada stores in offering its All-Product Recycling Initiative in which customers can drop off gently used UNIQLO clothing in bins for donation to those in need.

Since opening its first store in Japan in 1984, UNIQLO has grown to become an international leader with over 2,000 stores worldwide. Customers and fans are invited to share their excitement about the new store via the company's Canadian social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #UniqloCanada.

1.jpg

Artist’s rendering of UNIQLO Square One Shopping Centre (CNW Group/UNIQLO Canada)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 784
What are they planning to do on the former movie theater space? It been vacate since 2014.
Have you read any posting in this thread and if you did, you will see what I posted this last week??

No spoon feeding here

Major announcement coming related to an entertainment complex for the old movie theater area.

The current Target store is divided into 2 larger area and food area on the ground floor, 4 areas on the 2nd level.

First place is to open (or get procession) this weekend, with phase 1 opening in Nov. Phase 2 early 2019.

Have a meeting setup to talk about the expansion as well getting up to day layout and renderings.

The Mall wants to reduce parking requirements, but the city is forcing them not to. Very dumb on the city side for this.

Drum118, any timeline when we can expect an announcement?

no idea at this time
I still strongly believe that Playdium moving in, is the "announcement" about an "entertainment complex" that will take over the old Empire theatre site. I also believe that it is all but confirmed that Indigo (Chapters) will move into a portion of the old Target space. The Playdium & Chapters locations across the street, are old, dated and in need capital upgrades that should have already happened, if they were staying. But why spend the capital dollars, if your are leaving those locations? The Solutions store is temporary. They spent very little to make the old Sports Check/Atmosphere location work for them. The Mississauga master plan is for condo's to occupy the north side of Rathburn. Just not sure, that if Playdium takes that old Empire location, where the Cineplex fits in.

I still strongly believe that Playdium moving in, is the "announcement" about an "entertainment complex" that will take over the old Empire theatre site. I also believe that it is all but confirmed that Indigo (Chapters) will move into a portion of the old Target space. The Playdium & Chapters locations across the street, are old, dated and in need capital upgrades that should have already happened, if they were staying. But why spend the capital dollars, if your are leaving those locations? The Solutions store is temporary. They spent very little to make the old Sports Check/Atmosphere location work for them. The Mississauga master plan is for condo's to occupy the north side of Rathburn. Just not sure, that if Playdium takes that old Empire location, where the Cineplex fits in.
The Rec Room (Cineplex, 40,000 Sq Ft, ?) Phase 102 is replacing the Playdium as far as I know and is schedule to open in the fall or early 2019.

The current plan by the City is to use part of the Playdium west end as a new bus terminal and no idea where it stands or will happen. It will replace the current one for Mississauga Transit.

Moving Chapters to the Target Store area is a long over due thing, but Indigo just rebuilt the old store which is too small.

Reducing the foot print of Sq One, maintain existing stores as well add more to a smaller area, the existing lands will be come a city within a city and create a true Downtown, not as per Downtown 21 Plan by the city.

Odd, I had heard Dave and Busters was going into the Target space.
Could be they are going into the old movie theater area, as there is supposed to be announcement on that area coming soon.

Its been known since last year, The Rec Room was going into the Target area. I was told a few weeks ago about the food district and posted that info. As who else is going in there is being play close to the chest at this time.

Could be they are going into the old movie theater area, as there is supposed to be announcement on that area coming soon.

Its been known since last year, The Rec Room was going into the Target area. I was told a few weeks ago about the food district and posted that info. As who else is going in there is being play close to the chest at this time.

This would be an interesting fit. I wonder if Square One is on the list. https://www.thestar.com/entertainme...-soleil-coming-to-a-greater-toronto-mall.html

Back