Toronto Spire Condos | 144.77m | 45s | Context Development | a—A

Major progress on the Lombard St parkette yesterday...several rows of trees were planted and they were taller and more mature than I expected!

'LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllLlantysili ogogogoch'
Do they have a gay in that village though? Or is it full of homophobists?

daffyd_thomas_203x152.jpg

several rows of trees were planted and they were taller and more mature than I expected!
Good to hear. Maybe that sort of foregives them for forgetting about Chruch St.

...but it will not forgive them for forgetting about the front of the building (and its lack of trees).

Spire pics, from today:

20070526Spire001.jpg

From the St. James grounds.

20070526Spire002.jpg

Juxtapositioning of Spire and St. James.

20070526Spire003.jpg

The upper 2/5 of the tower.

20070526Spire004.jpg

Parkette landscaping.

AoD

I'll second that, it looks terrific! I really like how the roof treatment turned out. Good to see the undersides of the balconies were painted too. Nice job. I'm curious to see what it looks like at street level, Sans trees or greenspace.

I'm pretty impressed. Definitely one of the best condos in the last little while. I might have liked scattered red panels like in the rendering instead of those yellow ones which, at first glance, can look alarmingly close to plywood.

That's a great view. I love how there are buildings from a number of different eras side-by-side, how the heights are all different, but the streetscape maintains its cohesion.

It's hard to see in CDL's shot from Yonge Street, but there are brown panels as well as the yellows and grays on the west facade. I noticed them tiday for the first time.

I wonder why they only appear on one side...

Back