Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

I thought the buses were supposed to banned from the commons and moved to the perimeter terminal.

They were still there today! ZUM, Viva and YRT are also still serving their old stop just north of the commons. That being said, bus traffic is much lower in the commons and it's drastically noticeable. It should be much more pedestrian friendly in the spring once good weather arrives and students are out and about the commons.

The escalator from the platform seems to be down in the video. Also a lot of slow walkers (more than usual - perhaps because of the cold?). Normally it should be a bit quicker.
I don't see any broken escalators- just fit young people walking on both sides of a working escalator.

What about Downsview station now Shepapard West, did people know where it was in the beginning. People will figure it out over time.

And they almost succeeded in renaming Finch West to "University Heights", because a councillor didn't want the name to be associated with Jane & Finch. Seriously.

I think University Heights would have been a great name. Adds personality to an area that could really use it.

Leslie/Don Mills from Steeles Ave to Highway 7 is in Markham (Richmond Hill does not border Toronto), so unless you mean Markham Centre (Downtown) then it will have to go to Warden/Kennedy and Highway 7, which is where Unionville GO Station is with RER. The Relief Line to Beaver Creek Business Park, RER to Unionville/Downtown Markham, and Line 2 to Markville Mall. FANTASY MAP MODE ENGAGED (RER is not fantasy though).
Not in my life time Leo.

Tried to take this extension during the PM peak yesterday, unfortunately signal issues closed the line down. Came back south lat AM Peak from Finch West and noticed going southbound i'd say 90% of all the seats were already filled. Doesn't really mean much than just my anecdotal experience, but eh at least it wasn't completely empty.

Tried to take this extension during the PM peak yesterday, unfortunately signal issues closed the line down. Came back south lat AM Peak from Finch West and noticed going southbound i'd say 90% of all the seats were already filled. Doesn't really mean much than just my anecdotal experience, but eh at least it wasn't completely empty.

I have been seeing very healthy mid-day loads up to York University... but after that it's semi-spooky empty on leaving York. My last train north had 12 people on it arriving VMC (yeah, it had to wait for a clear track, so I walked the train length and counted.).

Lots of cranes visible when I came out at VMC, however. The ridership will come.

- Paul

I have been seeing very healthy mid-day loads up to York University... but after that it's semi-spooky empty on leaving York. My last train north had 12 people on it arriving VMC (yeah, it had to wait for a clear track, so I walked the train length and counted.).

Lots of cranes visible when I came out at VMC, however. The ridership will come.

- Paul

Yeah, VMC is a long time coming: transit being built before it's necessary, not long after.

There are more condos and offices coming, and not to mention that the Viva Rapidway is barely open at all, just a tiny stretch of it from VMC east past Keele. Once the full rapidway is open east to RHC (well, all the way to Markham, practically speaking) and west along Highway 7 (more condos coming to the west=rapidway riders inbound to VMC) and those buildings are complete I'm excited to see the ridership.

And the local bus terminal isn't even complete yet. I think the 20 Jane drives straight down Jane on weekdays without diverting into the station driveway--while it is a very short walk, were I a 20 Jane rider I would almost definitely transfer at 407 instead where it pulls right into the bus terminal. I hear that bus is quite busy at peak these days and the subway likely exacerbated that--they've started running artics on it. Got to be a good number of people coming from up Jane, and Vaughan Mills via Major Mack and Rutherford buses, transferring to the subway, who might be using 407 now and VMC once the terminal opens.

Back