Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Just curious since it is not mentioned in the list of routes being eliminated or modified on Sunday, what is happening with Route 101 - Parc Downsview Park? Now that there is subway service to Downsview Park I assume they will curtail the route at some point?

Just curious since it is not mentioned in the list of routes being eliminated or modified on Sunday, what is happening with Route 101 - Parc Downsview Park? Now that there is subway service to Downsview Park I assume they will curtail the route at some point?

I think it is unchanged. Most of Downsview Park is actually a long walk from Downsview Park station. The only difference is that you can now do a walking transfer to the route from Downsview Park station.

I think it is unchanged. Most of Downsview Park is actually a long walk from Downsview Park station. The only difference is that you can now do a walking transfer to the route from Downsview Park station.

Good to know. I figured between Sheppard West and Downsview Park there was no longer any need for the 101. This begs the question however.. in the event that the military airstrip is reactivated would they close the station?

I know during 9/11 Downsview Park was locked down tighter than Fort Knox.

Noticed one omission on the TTC's list of Service Changes for December 17, 2017, see link. Service for Line 1 is not changing on December 17th?

lol
:D

You really just have to click on the TTC Service Improvements on the left side of the page and the first item listed is the opening of the extension and then it links you to all the changes that are happening because it is opening. The TTC isn't the greatest but kinda making something out of nothing here.

"Service levels on Line 1 will change slightly, but will continue to operate every 5 minutes or better, all day, every day."

You really just have to click on the TTC Service Improvements on the left side of the page and the first item listed is the opening of the extension and then it links you to all the changes that are happening because it is opening. The TTC isn't the greatest but kinda making something out of nothing here.

"Service levels on Line 1 will change slightly, but will continue to operate every 5 minutes or better, all day, every day."

I still prefer 30 minutes or free!

Especially during the rush hour in downtown Toronto;)
IMG_20171207_1546178[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171207_1546178[1].jpg
    IMG_20171207_1546178[1].jpg
    204 KB · Views: 355
Especially during the rush hour in downtown Toronto;)
View attachment 130150

Not that our next train timer is actually worth anything, given it's distance based. It could be stuck one minute away from the station for 5 minutes and it'd still show the same thing. Often useless during rush, in other words.

I want my opening day cupcakes with the TTC logo on them and paper fold-up buses!!

They have budget left for these things?? I'd they spend it on polishing the concrete at York U station a little more with that.

AoD

Not that our next train timer is actually worth anything, given it's distance based. It could be stuck one minute away from the station for 5 minutes and it'd still show the same thing. Often useless during rush, in other words.
During the off peak hours they're pretty useful. On that particular day I took that photo, the wait was 10 minutes and there weren't any delays whatsoever. Just goes to show how great the TTC is at line management.

During the off peak hours they're pretty useful. On that particular day I took that photo, the wait was 10 minutes and there weren't any delays whatsoever. Just goes to show how great the TTC is at line management.

Last night I was at Old Mill around 12:08 AM. The train usually is just getting there but it said N/A on the screen. After a few minutes it jumped to 7 minutes. I grabbed the train after waiting 13 minutes.

I have an even-wackier proposal for crowding on Yonge, and it doesn't require screwing up people's commutes and cooperation between three transit agencies: How about a subway along Don Mills?

That's a project known as "Relief Line North". It's actually supposed to be built before 2041.

From the SERVICE SUMMARY dated November 26, 2017 to January 6, 2018, from this link.

In the morning rush, 35 trains will operate from Finch Stn. to Vaughan Metro. Centre Stn. (every 4 ' 42 ''), 26 trains will operate from Finch Stn. to Glencairn Stn. (every 4 ' 42 ''), for a total of 61 trains (every 2 ' 21 ").

In the midday, 42 trains will operate from Finch Stn. to Vaughan Metro. Centre Stn. (every 3 ' 49 '').

In the afternoon rush, 63 trains will operate from Finch Stn. to Vaughan Metro. Centre Stn. (every 2 ' 36 '').

In the early evening, 46 trains will operate (every 3 ' 30 '').

In the late evening, 32 trains will operate (every 5 ' 00 ').
So short-turning trains in the morning at Glencairn Stn. saves the use of 2 trains. Boy, the bean-counters are busy rubbing the pennies with that. (rolling eyes :confused:)

Last night I was at Old Mill around 12:08 AM. The train usually is just getting there but it said N/A on the screen. After a few minutes it jumped to 7 minutes. I grabbed the train after waiting 13 minutes.
Both the Bloor line and Yonge are pretty bad with service reliability after around 9pm during my experience. It will be interesting to see how the extension to Vaughan will effect both the University and Yonge lines.

From the SERVICE SUMMARY dated November 26, 2017 to January 6, 2018, from this link.

In the morning rush, 35 trains will operate from Finch Stn. to Vaughan Metro. Centre Stn. (every 4 ' 42 ''), 26 trains will operate from Finch Stn. to Glencairn Stn. (every 4 ' 42 ''), for a total of 61 trains (every 2 ' 21 ").

In the midday, 42 trains will operate from Finch Stn. to Vaughan Metro. Centre Stn. (every 3 ' 49 '').

In the afternoon rush, 63 trains will operate from Finch Stn. to Vaughan Metro. Centre Stn. (every 2 ' 36 '').

In the early evening, 46 trains will operate (every 3 ' 30 '').

In the late evening, 32 trains will operate (every 5 ' 00 ').
So short-turning trains in the morning at Glencairn Stn. saves the use of 2 trains. Boy, the bean-counters are busy rubbing the pennies with that. (rolling eyes :confused:)

My understanding is that they are up against a wall in terms of train availability. They had a ton of spares in preparation for the TYSSE opening but now their spare ratio is dwindling due to the number of trains needed to operate the extension.

Back