Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

does anyone know if the plans for the interface are available online anywhere? the Finch LRT doesn't seem to have them on it's website. Was it designed as a part of the original Transit City EAs, or the Spadina subway EA?

Here the the YRT Service Changes for December 17th:
Line-1_Subway_map[1]-000.jpg

So apparently, Viva Purple will still be going to York University (and Pioneer Village) on weekdays because of a "transition phase". I would assume Viva Purple will no longer serve West of RHC at some point, but it is still unclear when that will be.

Attachments

• Line-1_Subway_map[1]-000.jpg
    Line-1_Subway_map[1]-000.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 508
Here the the YRT Service Changes for December 17th:
View attachment 122126

So apparently, Viva Purple will still be going to York University (and Pioneer Village) on weekdays because of a "transition phase". I would assume Viva Purple will no longer serve West of RHC at some point, but it is still unclear when that will be.

The length of a "transition phase" is, of course, indeterminate. Essentially, they made their proposed Route 100 into a branch of Viva Purple. Which is pretty logical, since it eliminates a transfer at RHC. But the bigger (unstated) reason I suspect is route performance. York University is a major trip generator for Viva Purple, so much so that they double headways during the summer. Not serving York U would be devastating to Viva Purple's ridership numbers.

Judging by the map it appears the BRT lane delivers buses to the terminal from the north. The YRT terminal appears to be fronted onto a roadway which means buses cannot loop around the terminal very easily in order to re-enter the BRT lane. Keep in mind the BRT lane appears to exiting at 45 degrees making a right turn in somewhat awkward.

My guess it is exit only by design. The buses exit the BRT lane, make sharp right to the platform and thats all she wrote. No easy way to make it bi-directional
You're correct! It is entry only from Jane St:

You're correct! It is entry only from Jane St:

I have to say whoever prepared these drawings did an absolutely amateur job. All the detail notes are upside down on the plan views. How Vaughan accepted such a poor presentation for such a massive government project just bewilders me

I have to say whoever prepared these drawings did an absolutely amateur job. All the detail notes are upside down on the plan views. How Vaughan accepted such a poor presentation for such a massive government project just bewilders me
Yes, that is quite bothersome. I debated either to post is this way or the other way around, but I went with the attachment details rather than the drawing detail.

Yes, that is quite bothersome. I debated either to post is this way or the other way around, but I went with the attachment details rather than the drawing detail.

I'm guessing it's originally a PDF which can be easily rotated. But still.

I'm guessing it's originally a PDF which can be easily rotated. But still.

The orientation has been fundamentally locked in because the drawing themselves have labels on either direction. Vaughan just took the pdfs and put their title block overlay on them.
Or they took the cad drawing and put the title block that that way. Either way though as a mechanical designer in the construction industry myself, this simple bungle really reflects poorly on the competency of the building department and the consultant who drew it.

The planner likely dropped it in for the staff report and added some labels that are the "correct" orientation, without noticing the annotations are not the correct orientation.

I wouldn't read too much into it. The planner's job is to draft staff reports and think about it in the larger picture - not ensure annotations are the correct orientation. A mistake to be sure, but it does not make me question competency.

They have finally started putting on what looks to be like cladding or some sub-cladding layer on Finch West station today. It is red coloured, but that might just be a protective layer that peels off. Sorry, no pictures yet.

The planner likely dropped it in for the staff report and added some labels that are the "correct" orientation, without noticing the annotations are not the correct orientation.

I wouldn't read too much into it. The planner's job is to draft staff reports and think about it in the larger picture - not ensure annotations are the correct orientation. A mistake to be sure, but it does not make me question competency.

normally id agree with, but considering the scope and the intense public scrutiny this project has had since day one you'd figure that they would do their utmost to ensure that all publicly released documents be proofread for simple errors such as this.
I'm sure that there are many who share my views that if they cant do a simple job as to ensure proper presentation, how good are they at handling a multi billion dollar project.

ANYWAYS....thats my monday morning rant. Lets get back on topic....more importantly, is Finch West still on track for completion? From this saturday, they still dont have the exterior facade even started...and the roadworks is still a warzone

Back