Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Not having Finch West Station for the October 28 Open House may look bad for the project. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m looking forward to seeing the other station (I went to Doors Open). If all the stations were available for the public to look at, then the project may look like it will be completed on time, but having 1 station fall behind is bad. I don’t doubt it will open on schedule though.

I have to say whoever prepared these drawings did an absolutely amateur job. All the detail notes are upside down on the plan views. How Vaughan accepted such a poor presentation for such a massive government project just bewilders me

It's probably someone at the City who took the design drawings and put them upside down when they added the City of Vaughan template and frame. The hint is that usually, North isn't facing downward.

By now we all know that GO buses that now serve York University will serve Highway 407 Station instead, but do we know if the route names with change as well? It would make sense that all ## - York U routes will change their name to something like ## - Highway 407 Station or ## - Highway 407 Terminal or something similar?

GO Transit still hasn’t posted their plans for the Line 1 Extension, but the route route and name changes will only make sense. Would be this cause any confusion?

By now we all know that GO buses that now serve York University will serve Highway 407 Station instead, but do we know if the route names with change as well? It would make sense that all ## - York U routes will change their name to something like ## - Highway 407 Station or ## - Highway 407 Terminal or something similar?

GO Transit still hasn’t posted their plans for the Line 1 Extension, but the route route and name changes will only make sense. Would be this cause any confusion?

I suspect the reason why GO transit still haven't posted their plans for the Line 1 Extension is because they're still undecided as to whether to have the 40 stop at Highway 407 Station and whether to extend the 47 to Richmond Hill Centre.

I suspect the reason why GO transit still haven't posted their plans for the Line 1 Extension is because they're still undecided as to whether to have the 40 stop at Highway 407 Station and whether to extend the 47 to Richmond Hill Centre.
47692223.jpg

I often wonder why this line extension doesn't see much criticism these days..
I think we should only talk about news and discussions in this thread, rather than become a "Debate on the merits of the Scarborough Subway Extension" kind of thread.

Maybe because it's almost open, and people have accepted that it's a "good" waste of money. At least it's a milestone, first subway line into York Region (unlike Sheppard which was the first to use TBM), and it finally connects York University to rapid transit. It still isn't right to have built this rather than the Relief Line, but the Spadina Extension was a much higher priority in the past compared to the Relief Line, which is currently in the top 3 transit projects.

Here the the YRT Service Changes for December 17th:
View attachment 122126

So apparently, Viva Purple will still be going to York University (and Pioneer Village) on weekdays because of a "transition phase". I would assume Viva Purple will no longer serve West of RHC at some point, but it is still unclear when that will be.
It’s interesting that YRT could not paint line 1 in yellow. And people wonder why we wonks criticize things as parochial.

Meanwhile, Metrolinx has time to create absurdities like Cedarvale after forty years as Eglinton West, but can’t coordinate that the regional agencies use the same colours to represent each other’s lines / routes. Admittedly a first since no rapid transit has crossed a border yet, but still absurd.

Five big turds to YRT for this horseshit.

It’s interesting that YRT could not paint line 1 in yellow. And people wonder why we wonks criticize things as parochial.

Meanwhile, Metrolinx has time to create absurdities like Cedarvale after forty years as Eglinton West, but can’t coordinate that the regional agencies use the same colours to represent each other’s lines / routes. Admittedly a first since no rapid transit has crossed a border yet, but still absurd.

Five big turds to YRT for this horseshit.

Maybe it's cause there's no Viva Red, while there is a Viva Yellow. It wouldn't matter to the majority of us, but there are always those who are easily confused.

Let’s say someone wants to go from Richmond Hill Centre to Sheppard West Station or more south. Is Viva Orange + Line 1 at VMC (with Viva Station) or Viva Purple + Line 1 at Pioneer Village/York Univerity faster?

Back