Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Major Mackenzie has east & west designations because it's in Richmond Hill. You need the directions to tell the difference between an address at Yonge & Trench and one at Yonge & Newkirk, since they're both in the same city.

But if the numbers run east and west from Yonge it would make sense to have east-west sections just to standardize things in a contiguous urban area where Yonge is still the general divider. After all, addresses on the major north-south streets don't start at "1" again at Steeles.

It's kind of the same thing with Davis Dr. When the name was extended west along former Hwy. 9, it was given a "west" designation, but the existing section east of Yonge didn't have an "east" added to match it. Clark Ave. does the same.

Last edited:
You sure about that? In Brampton it is Peel Regional Road 107.....I just assumed that once it left Brampton to the East it became York Regional road "X"...would be strange (IMO) to have the Peel section of the road downloaded but not the York region section.

Lol was, WAS an Ontario Highway

Don't post links though without context. That's just good practice.
The link stated it was about a "secret" station....the fact that I posted in this thread rather than any other TTC thread provides the YUS extension context...no?

The complaints about it weren't about context they were about it being a BlogTO link.

So you think it would have been more valuable to people if I had typed the words "here is a story about a 'secret' station at Finch West" before or after the link? People who feel strongly about BlogTO would have felt better about the link?

Like I said, people are free to click on it or not.....but the pontificating about BlogTO was not (IMO) necessary.

The link stated it was about a "secret" station....the fact that I posted in this thread rather than any other TTC thread provides the YUS extension context...no?

The complaints about it weren't about context they were about it being a BlogTO link.

So you think it would have been more valuable to people if I had typed the words "here is a story about a 'secret' station at Finch West" before or after the link? People who feel strongly about BlogTO would have felt better about the link?

Like I said, people are free to click on it or not.....but the pontificating about BlogTO was not (IMO) necessary.
I agree that being sceptical of a specific website shouldn’t be your business, but you should have at least posted the title of the article and maybe a short description in your own words.

Back